In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Come on ice...melt!

drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
edited April 2011 in The Fishing Hole!
As I write this on April 6th, I am still waiting for ice to go out in Wisconsin. Our average "ice out" is April 8th, but we had a cold March and ice is rotten, but thick. Not safe to walk on anymore, so we are in limbo. Temps in the 60's on the way. That should be the coup de gras.For those of you that get winter ice, what is the average "ice out" in your state?

Comments

• Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends on your latitude. My buddies dad died when he fell thru the PM ice warming in spring. After that occurred we watch ice thickness carefully.

Here in central Jersey Shore. Ice is gone! We fishin...
  • Options
    Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We never have ice like you have up north. We maybe get some ice on the lake in Jan or Feb but never thick enough to walk on. I had open water even when it froze around my dock this year. People put ice eaters in the water to keep it from freezing around their dock. I don't have one but still never had a problem. I can't imagine a lake getting hard enough to drive on.

Wpage are you catching?