In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

cane poles

grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
edited September 2014 in The Fishing Hole!
I took the 2 grandaughters cane pole fishing in a farm pond. They had a ball. Sure brought some good memories back.

Comments

• Options
    0oAKo47o00oAKo47o0 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Caught my first bass on a cane pole back when I was 8/9 years old. Or at least the first one I remember. It only had one eye.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I remember back in the early 60's when I was in the Marine,s stationed in Georgia, seemed like ever gas station in the area had a big ole barrel chucked full of cane poles for sale....
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I kind of remember that myself.
    What's next?
  • Options
    drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    I started with line wrapped around a block of wood and a bobber. Graduated to a cane pole the next year. Gave me much better "placement control"[:)] Memories of your recent outing will come back to your granddaughters many decades from now. Whats the saying "Take a kid fishing'.
  • Options
    kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the biggest catfish I ever caught,a 44 Llb blue, on anything other than a throw line or trot line was on a piece of can with old style prince of paton braided cotton line. good time there