In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Well Crap.....Lost a great fishing spot

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Fishing Hole!
Left work a little late tonight and decided to hit a favorite fishing spot along a river near my office....When I got there, I discovered the State had dumped a whole lot of rock along the bank.

It changed the flow of the river and took a really nice still area next to some faster moving water. Only caught 2 smallies.

The water has been up for over a year and it was taking it toll on the bank near a bridge. I am hoping as the water level goes down and the rocks settle it, the fishing will get somewhat back to normal there...

Gonna miss that spot...[V]

Comments

• tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...I feel your pain, William. Many years ago, every time I crossed Rt 80, I could see this nice looking little lake. On a whim, my wife and I drove back there and I knocked on the door of a run down trailer and asked permission. The grubby looking guy said to go ahead and fish, since I had the courtesy to ask.
    ...We caught plate size bluegills until we ran out of crawlers. We tossed out unbaited gold aberdeen hooks and kept catching them. Soon after, they filled in the lake and built a concrete plant and a shopping complex...[V]
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good reason to tell the wife you need more time to survey a new spot...