In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gulf Oil Spill and Gulf Fishing

gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
edited May 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
I have never fished in the Gulf but have seen lots of videos of friends who have and it is beautiful. What the hell is going to happen if this oil spill gets all over the place? Where is John Wayne and the Hellfighters when you need them (like..at 5000'deep!) They are now talking about it coming around the FL Keys and getting into the Gulf Stream. What is that going to mean? Opinions?

Comments

• Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    What is it going to mean? We can only sit and wait, animals are already floating ashore. This area is some of the best, if not best salt water fishing in the world. Time will tell, they need to cap that well 10-18.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My prayer is they do something effective fast to cap that well. There are so many things at stake in this its very big.
    BP better pull it off quickly b4 its too late.
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    People act like it has never happened before.

Check this out, I remember this, but the media has evidently forgotten or don't want to ruin a good story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ixtoc_I