In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Stripers

jednorrisjednorris Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited January 2013 in The Fishing Hole!
I dropped $4,000.00 to be ready for the Stripers to come into Oregon Inlet last year, and they never came South enough to make it into N.C. I understand the weather will be colder this year but what (who)is the most reliable source to determine how soon I can go?.
Firecracker

Comments

• jednorrisjednorris Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ANYONE HOOKING INTO ANY STRIPERS ? MY SON WENT OUT OF RI. CAUGHT SOME BLUES BUT,STRIPERS APPARENTLY ARE BELOW THEM AND GET THERE FIRSTTO ROB THE BAIT.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    I would contact Pirates Cove near Maneto to find out about the conditions there before I went. They should know. Big stripers came to the DE coast last year...lots of good catches and I assume they also hit them off the NJ coast also. But for OInlet I would contact Pirates Cove....the capt's there should know.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we knocked the poop out of them here at the jersey shore last year. There here in droves right now. Big ones too[;)][:)]
  • bowfinbowfin Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you guys use to catch them? Lures or bait?