In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ever notice urge to expand fish size in tales...

wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Fishing Hole!
Its a fact that fish stories get better like good wine and scotch with age...

Plus the guys with the longest arms always gain perspective in photo ops with thier fish. They generally tell the tallest fish tales as well.

So lets hear your big fish story and dont be afraid to embellish!

Comments

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Without any "embellishment",I can tell U that my biggest Snook to date was a 44" 44 pounder,boated Sept.1 2000.
    My brother had come down from NJ. just to catch opening day.
    I nailed her on a 6" live Pinfish on the N side of the Jupiter inlet,on the incoming tide at about 1500.
    She tasted as good as a 8 pounder too,just as clean and bright as any I have ever seen..
  • Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One time I caught a fish so big when I took it out of the water the lake went down.
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No absolutely not, I have never, ever seen nor heard of such a thing! [:0] [;)] [:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    The first liar in a fish story doesnt stand a chance..[;)]
  • llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of my buddies was at the hospital for the birth of his first child - a son - 2 days after our first was born. So he comes by to visit and tell us about it, wife asks "how big" and he says "8 pounds, and almost 2 feet long". I had seen his wife earlier and she said "7lbs 4oz, 21 inches".

So its not just fish.... its the fishermen...