In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

re: some old wood lures

sgm hagsgm hag Member Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Fishing Hole!
I'm 66yrs old and found some real old, painted, wood lures that my grandad used to fish with. Thought I'd found the end of the rainbow. After visiting some fishing sites I've discovered there's a HUGE industry of old lure collectors and auctions. Wow, who'd thunk? But, they want the lures to be near new condition AND in the box to be valuable! Kinda' expecting a lot of a lure Grandad bought during the Depression with the intent of being used to put food on the table!

Comments

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was blessed to receive my Great Grandfather's tackle box a few years back. Most of it were well used old lures, but there were a few new in the box.

Cool old stuff....not sure of the real value, but priceless to me. [:D]
  • sgm hagsgm hag Member Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    10.4 "that priceless to me"! I was grandpaw's favorite so it's only right I should hang on to them. Show my grandkids hand-crafted and hand-painted in wood instead of decals on plastic from China. quote:Originally posted by William81
    I was blessed to receive my Great Grandfather's tackle box a few years back. Most of it were well used old lures, but there were a few new in the box.

Cool old stuff....not sure of the real value, but priceless to me. [:D]
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All my gramps old lures were well scrapped up...

He was not the type to buy fishing gear and keep it unused in a box.
  • drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    I like to hang on to Dad's old stuff too. But I found it interesting to look up the names, history,colors and age of some of them. Found this site real interesting for that.
    http://www.tacklecollecting.com/heddon.htm
  • sparkyvsparkyv Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you like email me some pics of the lures, I can ID them and anser any questions about gramps lures. I have a lot of books to ID them .