In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fly fishermen. I need Help.

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in The Fishing Hole!
I want to buy a good friend a gift for giving me so many gifts. He is acually a friend of my fathers. He is real heavy into fly fishing for trout. What can I give him??? It has to be a real nice gift. He has many rods and reels so that is out. Thanks for any advice

Comments

• MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    I want to buy a good friend a gift for giving me so many gifts. He is acually a friend of my fathers. He is real heavy into fly fishing for trout. What can I give him??? It has to be a real nice gift. He has many rods and reels so that is out. Thanks for any advice

New waders, new vest. If you know what type of line he uses you could get him a new line, they are very expensive. Gift certificate to Orvis is always nice. An assortment of flies.
  • fishmonkey549fishmonkey549 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those are all good ideas, especially a gift card at Orvis. Picking flies can be a challenge. If you knew what he had, you could get him a really nice short 2 weight bamboo pole. He might have 3 poles, but maybe not this.
  • Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take him on a fishing trip! It doesn't matter if the trip is at a trout park or the wildest remorte stream.. Time spent together is something that you will both remember forever.
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Oakie, where does he live?
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about a trained fly ! Obumer has one. [:D]

qzesrc.jpg
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.