In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pounded some bass-hole yesterday!

317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in The Fishing Hole!
Went out to the local reservoir, scouted some new bass-holes. Found a good one, about 150'x150', with a point on either end jutting out into the lake. I was fishing from shore BTW. Water was shallow, anywhere from 0-5' deep, with a deep drop-off along the edge. I could get out onto the points and cover most of the area. Landed 4 LMB, each about 15", and a walleye about the same size. Lost one really nice one, I never saw it, but could tell he was bigger, from the headshaking and runs he made. Also had a second large fish break me off, I believe it was a big walleye, my line was cleanly cut, never saw that one either. Also hooked up with about a dozen others, didn't land any of those. Water was clear, sunny skies, about 80, slightly breezy. I was fishing 6" gitzit Octopus style worms on a 1/4 ounce Gamakatsu jig head. All in all it was a good day, of course it is raining today, but I'll g back out if it clears. Also got to see some baby geese, and a black bear, so it ended up being a good way to spend my Tuesday.

FISH ON!

Comments

• 317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went out again to the same spot yesterday. Only got to fish for a couple hours. Caught a nice LMB on my second or third cast, about 17-18". Was using a 4" dark purple power bait crayfish on a black 1/2oz jighead. The fishing kind of turned off after that and soon enough it started thundering and lightening, so I went home. Probably will not get to go out today as the weather is not cooperating.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you're having fun! Good luck.
    What's next?