In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ever go swimming for a lure?

fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
edited July 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
Got a popper hung up on log today.[:(!] Just had to get it back. The water is fine in Allatoona by the way.[:D]

Comments

• jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Yes, for a Rapala. Snagged it on the boat barn in the marina right by a launch ramp. Only 10 feet out from the ramp. Went in with a pair of hemostats in my teeth and worked it loose, right at the waterline.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will snorkle for cash.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Lures, rod and reels, anchors, cell phone.
  • fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jonk
    Yes, for a Rapala. Snagged it on the boat barn in the marina right by a launch ramp. Only 10 feet out from the ramp. Went in with a pair of hemostats in my teeth and worked it loose, right at the waterline.
    I went with a pocket knife in my teeth. Kinda made me feel like special forces.[:D]
  • krusty311krusty311 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have had to on several occasions.
    edited November -1
    Mask and snorkle. A excellent fishermans invest.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    Mask and snorkle. A excellent fishermans invest.
    Indeed.I have about 1/2 a tacklebox full,from just swimming around "snags".U have to be careful not to get yourself hung-up tho..
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was 14 or so, I was fishing in a canoe in between two islands. It was a deep hole almost 20 feet in the center between the islands. A moron in a ski boat came busting through about 10 feet from me. Swamp the canoe, he stopped, laughed and took off.
    I lost most of the contents of two tackle boxes and two rod and reels.

Dove half a dozen times for the boxes and got one of the rods back.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    didnt go swimming. but got a decent sized bullhead stuck in some old reids back in early april that i had to go waiding in to get loose. damn fish was just deep enough to go over the high water line. dang that water was cold at midnight.
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    whats biting in there anyway? going down there this friday hopefully in a boat i hope.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joker5656
    whats biting in there anyway? going down there this friday hopefully in a boat i hope.
    Nothing much for me, but I can't get the kids up early enough to get started at a good time.
    edited November -1
    Waters getting warm enough to go looking for some green horns lures...
    edited November -1
    Yep, I saw a crank bait in a tree the other day. It was higher up than I was willing to climb though.[:D]
  • CgullCgull Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll dive for a 5 dollar lure in a heartbeat. Lol, I've dove enough now that I know the hangs and will just dive to find what others have lost. Only time I wont dive is during tournament fishing where time is money.