In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fish Story...

11echo11echo Member Posts: 1,005 ✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Fishing Hole!
I was up in Washington State for vacation to do some work on a small vacation place my wife and I have up there. My wife had a "honey-do" list as long as your arm, and being the wimp .er "doful" husband I am I threw myself head long into it. BUT she realized at some point she was going to have to let me do some fishing, just so I won't "burn-out" as the list got shorter! .So one day I was allowed to go, a nice rainy day! So I go to a local lake very near the Canadian border. I pulled up into one of my favorite spots and set-up under a tall fur tree (to stay as dry as possible). As I sit there fishing I soon be came aware of a pair of bald eagles that were nesting on the far side of the lake. They were screeching at each other .as married couples do, and flying around form time to time looking for breakfast. At one point they even landed in a tall tree behind me some where, and continued their vocal tirade (noisy beggars!). By noon time I had only caught 2 trout, about 8" to 9" length. Not great but if I had a full limit they would had made a good meal. It was still sprinkling off and on, and I'm thinking a cup of coffee and a cinnamon roll would taste REAL good about now! I'm looking at my catch and thinking these two aren't enough to bother with. So I take the first fish off and let him go, he makes a bee line to deep water. The last trout isn't feeling too well and is swimming slowly off, he's up right and swimming straight, so I think he'll be fine. I turn around to start picking up my gear, when I hear a swooshing noise, and it is getting louder and louder! I turn around in time to see one of these bald eagles hit the water and grab that trout about 10 yards in front of me! Without loosing a beat he now * his wings and heads off to his nest across the lake .seems it was lunch time for everyone!

Comments

• wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats a new one on me! Eagle claw hooks do work every time...

Thanks for sharing.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Was live bait fishing with my late cousin Craig,in the north fprk of the Loxahatchee river in Jupiter.I had a 6" mullet out and he had a 10" ladyfish on as bait.
    A bald Eagle snatched up his ladyfish and started flying away with it.The bird was in the process of spooling his reel when he thumbed the spool hard and * the fish out of the bird's rgasp.
    The baitfish was really torn up!!