In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rules for Non- Military

sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
I posted this on the Gulf Vet section, and thought you fellas deserve a glance at it to. Enjoy!

Rules for the Non Military

Dear Civilians, "We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

1. The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem---kick their *.

2. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest---kick their *.

3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their *.

4. (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your * kicked.

5. Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an *-kicking (children are exempt).

6. If you witness someone calling the US Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake---and kick their *.

7. Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your darn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her---of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe *-kicking.

8. Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans, and we all bleed the same, regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command is to include our Commander-In-Chief (CinC). The President (for those who didn't know) is our CinC regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives meet .

9. 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me---stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore, could kick your *!

10. Bin Laden and the Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying 'Let's go kill those Commies!' And stop asking us where he is! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me---if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers, let me know, so I can go kick their *!

11. 'Flyboy' (Air Force), 'Jarhead' (Marines), 'Grunt' (Army), 'Squid' (Navy), 'Puddle Jumpers' (Coast Guard), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. That could get your * kicked.

12. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get it's * kicked.

"It is the Veteran, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press."
"It is the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech."
"It is the Veteran, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate."
"It is the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

"If you can read this, thank a teacher" If you are reading it in English, thank a Veteran "

I will add one more:

13. If you ever see anyone either standing for or singing the national anthem in Spanish - KICK THEIR *.

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Air Force = Flyboy NOT; Air Force = Zoomie YES
  • Options
    whiterabbitwhiterabbit Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dear Sir;please take no offence; i tried to enlist with my buddies on the buddy plan, they went because the judge said jail or nam. But i was denied the honor because of diplopia from a street racing accident, during the pencil before the eyes routine.I live daily with the guilt of not being able to serve... By buddy gave me his bdu pants on his return, which i wear hunting proudly. I wear a bdu jacket sometimes Unmarked of course. I watched over thier girlfriends , sent bunches of koolaid and playboys sent letters and kept thier pictures for em. prayed incessently and cursed loudly at the protesters risking life an limb, im serious no one backing me up for that ....buried two in the last 8 yrs from agent orange... im sorry you dont think i have the right to wear bdu,s see some fought the war there some fought it here...isnt that why you fought for my freedoms to dress as i please ...as long as im not a fake? please take no offence and welcome home
  • Options
    SparksSparks Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whiterabbit, you have a point. Many in the "world" honored us Vets while we served our country. I think the point was intended for those who wear "uniforms" while pretending or posing as a Combat Veteran. Stealing honor where none was earned or deserved. While those types are few, they do exist and are a serious pain-in-the-* for those who served.

Thank you for the way you served honoring your friends.

Sparks
    CPO USN-Retired
    1966-1986
    Vietnam and "other" conflict/incident Veteran