In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Do you honor your highest achievement?

Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
edited April 2006 in US Military Veteran Forum
How many of you attend reunions or meetings of participants in events that are of less significance than your highest achievement- that is to say, if you are a college graduate and are involved in class reunions, do you also attend your high school reunions. Or if you were involved in some other event or unit; do you participate in the reunions of those involved- so if you survived the World Trade Center Collapse, the seige at Khe Sahn, the Pearl Harbor attack, the climbing of Mount Everest or some such- are you active in the keeping of the lessons learned from those events alive?

Comments

• woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    I have never been to a class reunion, high school or college. I seriously doubt that I will ever march in a parade. I used to belong to the Book Of The Month Club, that's about it.
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I despised everyone I ever knew in high school. I am in contact with only three marines I served with; the rest I could not care less. I suffered no friends in college, often going weeks without speaking to a soul. Former business associates are just that. Whatever lessons I learned or didn't learn, they certainly will not be served by getting together with a bunch of aging fogies remembering when.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DancesWithSheep
    I despised everyone I ever knew in high school. I am in contact with only three marines I served with; the rest I could not care less. I suffered no friends in college, often going weeks without speaking to a soul. Former business associates are just that. Whatever lessons I learned or didn't learn, they certainly will not be served by getting together with a bunch of aging fogies remembering when.

How do you fell about family reunions? Don
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    How do you fell about family reunions? Don

About the same as high school reunions, but without name tags.
  • cacti25cacti25 Member Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • D.K.D.K. Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cacti25
    Never.

Double Ditto!
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don,t attend either.I thought it was just me,but I guess we are all a bunch of grouchy old a-holes.
  • Tiger6Tiger6 Member Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am the last one.. I attend a reunion with my team mates everyday.