In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Veterans day

67flh67flh Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
edited November 2008 in US Military Veteran Forum
Its a day early but I wanted to wish A big God Bless you to all our Vietnam Veterans. We were and are what others refused to be. I am an Nam era vet and have nothing but the utmost respect for those who were there!

God Bless!

Comments

• 67flh67flh Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got out of the Army, back from the Nam 30 years ago today, Nov 11, 1969 at Ft Lewis Wa. actually it was 12:05 am Nov 12 1969 on my discharge. Couldn't sign the papers on a holiday. Welcome home everybody who served.
    W.D.
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Thank you, 29 years ago, Nov 11 1969 I was released from McCord hospital, went to Ft Lewis and was out processed and got my discharge ten minutes after midnight, so the offical date is Nov 12, 1969. Veterans day is a special day for me.
    W.D.
  • Old GunnyOld Gunny Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank You- from an old "Jarhead" who had two tours in "Uncle Ho's Playground" and now have two nephews in "Da Sandbox" both Marines- Semper Fi- Do or Die-- Celertis-Silentis-Moratitus!! Cry Havoc and let slip Die Teufel Hunden um Die Krieg--