In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Veteran's blacklist

ferris0000ferris0000 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited January 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
Most bases will have an "off limit's list" listing organizations that don't deal favorably with military members, so I'm compiling a list for veterans at http://www.vetawareness.com/index.html
Thank you for any submissions.

(link should work now)

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Your link doesn't work. Please check it and correct it as needed. I will check it out, and if it looks honest, I will "sticky" your post. If not, I will delete it as spam.

Danny
  • blackpowdermaxblackpowdermax Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • ferris0000ferris0000 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope you don't delete this post because you think I'm advertising. This site is a pet project for me and my friend and is meant to be a free service to veterans. I've gotten a couple comments about our verification process, but no suggestions as to an alternative, so I could use some help on that.
  • prangleprangle Member Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey!!! First thing I saw was PAYPAL and so I got out of the site. I will have nothing to do with your site buddy!!!
    edited November -1
    and the word donate after that? haha
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ferris0000
    and the word donate after that? haha

Ferris,

Paypal is anti-gun, and we are, for the most part, pro second amendment. You will find we don't support or use paypal because they refuse to accept payments for any gun related items or sites. Where we might send you a check, we won't send a dime via paypal. I think your site is pro-military, but using paypal is anti-gun.

This is borderline because this site doesn't allow others to advertise here, but your site is, to some degree, a noncompeting assistance site for veterans. I'll let it ride unless admin says to remove it.

Danny
    edited November -1
    I'm doing a lot of Ebay sales coming up and I have a big load of guns and other weapons in there. I wasn't comfortable with using Ebay for that, which is why I first found this site. I was unaware of Paypal's gun policies though, but if I didn't use them, I'd be missing half my monthly income. Money over morals isn't usually my thing, but I have to make an exception here.
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Ah!!! Where would we be if we allowed our ideals to get in the way of our pragmatics???[:(]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ferris0000
    Money over morals isn't usually my thing, but I have to make an exception here.

Sorry to hear that.