In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Letter from VA

peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
edited June 2006 in US Military Veteran Forum
Did everyone get their letter from the VA concerning the loss of information on Veterans? Got mine today.
Go To www.firstgov.gov
Information is on that site.

Thanks---Peabo

Comments

• Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    The letters were supposed to go only to those that had their information in that batch that was stolen, which I understand was veterans discharged after 1975.
  • peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    I was discharge Dec. '69 but I did have correspondence with the VA recently. I don't know if this would cause my records to be included in the batch stolen, or if they contacted me because I was on their list of recent correspondence. This is another reason I started this thread, to get an idea of those who were contacted.

Thanks---Peabo
  • FrogbertFrogbert Member Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I got mine 2 days ago:

CopyofVAStolenInfoLtr0606.jpg

I haven't noticed any irregularities with any of my accounts, yet.
    Will not concern myself till I do.
  • joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quote: "The letters were supposed to go only to those that had their information in that batch that was stolen, which I understand was veterans discharged after 1975." Seems to be incorrect. Got my letter
    a few days ago and I was discharged in early '46 after returning from ETO in WW 2. And we didnt use S.S. numbers. Just serial numbers.
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    The data may have included only those discharged since 1975 but it appears the VA is playing it safe and sending the warning notice to anyone in their system.
  • saltysquidsaltysquid Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, got mine yesterday.
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Got mine and had to laugh about the VA using the IRS to send the letters out 'cause the VA wasn't sure about the addresses.
  • cacti25cacti25 Member Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got mine yesterday.
  • rovernutrovernut Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got mine last week, discharged June 74, oh by the way, the Rail Road sent me a similar letter that some one stole thier computer with 40,000 of us on it. Guess I get a double whammy!!
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i got mine. big deal.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    They also had the information on active duty military and their wives and their dependents.....these are kids that never have applied for any VA benefits.

Why does the VA have their information is what they want to know.

https://www.afpc.randolph.af.mil/checker