In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need records from Korean War on POW

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in US Military Veteran Forum
Our American Legion post received a request for information on a service man who made the supreme sacrifice during the Korean war.

No age or branch of service given, Jackie Lee Murdock from Crawfordsville, Indiana, was killed while captive during the Korean War.

Anybody that has ideas where I might find more information with such sketchy details, please share them.

The fighting in Vietnam ended during my sophomore year of high school. I hope you don't mind me asking this question here.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Henry0Reilly
    Our American Legion post received a request for information on a service man who made the supreme sacrifice during the Korean war.

No age or branch of service given, Jackie Lee Murdock from Crawfordsville, Indiana, was killed while captive during the Korean War.

Anybody that has ideas where I might find more information with such sketchy details, please share them.

The fighting in Vietnam ended during my sophomore year of high school. I hope you don't mind me asking this question here.

First thanks for fixing my error.

Second, I'll do some research and see what I can find.

Third, All are welcome here.

Fourth, the moderator needs to be more careful which buttons he's pushing![;)]
    edited November -1
    MURDOCK, Jackie Lee, PVT -- 501029 -- 34 Inf -- Crawfordsville, IN

This might help get to get some VA records on him.

Found it on this page.

http://www.dtic.mil/dpmo/koreanwar/jjlist.htm

He's also listed here,

http://www.koreanwarpowmia.net/Reports/Tiger.htm

NAME MURDOCK, Jackie Lee
    RANK PVT
    SVC NR RA16314045
    MIA 500706
    DATE 501029
    STAT DIE
    UNIT B Co
    REGT 34 Inf
    DIV 24 Div
    CAMP MANPO
    REMARKS Cornfield
    BIRTH 1932
    HOME CITY Crawfordsville
    ST IN

Hope this helps. You should be able to get everything you need from the VA with his serial number.

Regards,

Danny
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you, I will pass this information on to our service officer.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
    edited November -1
    Henry,

You'll also notice,

HEFFLEY, Edgar S (Samuel) Pvt.

Is on that list. Makes it kind of personal for me also.
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got in direct contact with the gentleman seeking information. He belongs to a group of Korean veterans who want to name their post/group whatever it is after Jackie Lee Murdock.

They were seeking information, not about his service, as I had been led to believe, but rather about his life before he enlisted.
    edited November -1
    I don't think I can help you there. You might try to get access to Montgomery County, Indiana birth records for 1932 and find his parents. If you can do that, you might be able to find his brothers or sisters and connect with them.

Sorry I can help.