In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Medicare premiums

48094-48094- Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited January 2010 in US Military Veteran Forum
MY situation: 100% disability, service connected, USMC, Vietnam 1968. I'm paying $98.00/mo for Medicare premiums.
Recently I read an article that 100% S.C. would waive these premiums. Can anyone help validate this? Since we're going to lose money this year I want to minimize the damage.javascript:insertsmilie('[:)]')

Comments

• Options
    johnhardyjohnhardy Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 48094-
    MY situation: 100% disability, service connected, USMC, Vietnam 1968. I'm paying $98.00/mo for Medicare premiums.
    Recently I read an article that 100% S.C. would waive these premiums. Can anyone help validate this? Since we're going to lose money this year I want to minimize the damage.javascript:insertsmilie('[:)]')

I also am 100% and do not pay medicare because VA covers everything,,
    wish you could get your money back but that,s not likely..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks John,
    Can you tell me where to start. I'm a life member at DAV, should I start there?
    Jack
  • Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your payments are automatically deducted from your bank account, cancel them. Social Security deals with medicare. You probably have an office near you. You don't need an appointment, however you may wait a few hours to talk to a real live person. Explain your dilemma to them. You do not need to pay for medicare if you have other comparable insurance. I do not have part "D" the prescription plan because I am covered by the V.A. When this is all over, you can file an appeal to retrieve your money. I won an appeal but be forewarned, it took over a year from start to finish.[:(!] Ed
  • Options
    edited November -1
    elubsme,
    Do you mean to start with Social Security or Medicare? I think you mean SS.
    Jack
  • Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    John, Social Security withholds $96.40 from my Social Security check each month for Medicare part "B" insurance. It is a law that they do this UNLESS you have other comparable insurance, which you do. Do you have a veterans administrations office in your town? He will be able to answer your questions more thoroughly than I can. I believe you should definitely look into this. Ed
  • Options
    johnhardyjohnhardy Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    See your VA rep,or talk with someone at your clinic.You need to get after this ASAP....