In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Serious question

2»

Comments

• Options
    ABN 1LTABN 1LT Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE POLITICOS WHO HAVEN'T LEARNED A THING. YOU DECLARE THE WAR THEN GET OUT OF THE WAY!!NUFF SAID ABOUT "HANOI JANE". THIS COMES FROM A GRAD OF VIETNAM UNIVER CLASS OF '70-'71(173rd ABN)
  • Options
    Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ABN 1LT
    NUFF SAID ABOUT "HANOI JANE"

There will never be enough said about "Hanoi Jane". Even if Tom Brokaw says she got cancer, went blind and died I would still like to sit and listen for hours to the list of the names of the vets who stood on line to urinate on her grave and wish it was into her coffin.
    I would make the trip.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HEY SKYSOLDIER- THAT QUOTE WAS TOTALLY OUT OF CONTEXT!! I WOULD NEVER SUPPORT THAT COMMIE BI##H. SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN TRIED FOR TREASON IF NOT MURDER FOR TURNING OVER THE SOC SEC #'S TO THE NVA.AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE GUYS DIED FROM THE BEATINGS. I MAY BE A LOT OF THINGS BUT A JANE FONDA SUPPORTER IS "NOT" ONE OF THEM
  • Options
    Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    Sorry, Sir.
    My intention was not to deride you. I was just taking advantage of an opportunity to curse the Fonda dog. I can't imagine any Viet Vet supporting that Pig so I never thought that's what you were doing.

I assume your use of capital letters for emphasis is a typists way of screaming. Being screamed at by a 1st Lieutenant brings back fond memories. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SKY SOLDIER
    NEVER TRIED TO YELL AT MY GUYS. CAPS OMLY SHOWS MY LACK OF TYPING ABILITY!! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    30 Characters30 Characters Member Posts: 32
    edited November -1
    It took a long time to get over the hatred I felt for the NVA and their Viet Cong supporters. The barbarous acts the NVA employed went beyond imagination. The laziness and corruption af ARVN troops discouraged me greatly, but never changed my thoughts about the importance of being there.
    Today, I hope the North and 'reunified' South work toward becoming a productive and free society that empowers their people and contributes to peace in the region. They fought, we fought...Now it's over.
    The people I hold a grudge towards are Jane Fonda and the rest of the cowardly scum that supported her, her liberal media friends, and those who fled to Canada during the height of the draft. I remember vividly when Fonda visited North Vietnam and had her photo taken in a NVA anti-aircraft gunner's seat...It was the same day a good friend died in combat. I also remember when she met US prisoners of war at the Hanoi Hilton, shook some hands for the cameras, and eagerly turned over to the prison officials a note one of the prisoners secretly passed to her during her handshakes. Nice gal huh?
    LBJ, liberal members of Congress, and McNamara are held in low esteem as well, as politicians who betrayed our common values and used little military sense in a war that could have been won by 1968. Don't get me started on McGovern and McCarthy!
    It took me over 10 years to visit the Washington Wall...When I finally visited it was more moving than I could have imagined. The memories of so many guys who sacrificed it all for liberty and each other. Any one of those men and women were worth 10,000 Jane Fondas, and 20,000 draft dodgers.
    An interesting side story that this thread stirred a memory....When I returned I met a guy I knew prior to entering the Army. He was a Marine, served in a combat unit in Nam. We met at a party held on a college campus and hosted by a faculty member we both knew. At the party was some hippy-dippy jerk who started the usual anti-war, baby killer, GI thug mantra to get attention and to win some hearts and minds I guess. I could see it bothered my friend a great deal, and it frankly pissed me off! Mr. Hippy probably has never figured out what hit him...All I can remember from my almost automatic reaction, was this great big hairy hippie guy sprawled on the floor, a glass of imported beer all over his clean white shirt...And tears running down his face, crying like a baby.
    I remember the guy's face because I saw it again on TV years later. It was when he was running for Congress and had a grand campaign that hardly portrayed him as the virulent anti-war scumbag he really was. He had more American flags around him than July 4th in Washington! I still see him occasionally on TV at some press conference, or at some ceremony where there's cameras....I catch myself smiling a very wicked smile.
  • Options
    overo88overo88 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gap1916
    I hold a gruge aginst LBJ.

You are NEVER a former Marine, You ARE A MARINE your whole life.
    once a marine, allways a marine.
    Semper-Fi
    R at the ranch
    USMC 64-68
    RVN-65-66
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Odd to come back and revisit this topic months later. Odd also to do it while we are making preparations for Thanksgiving Day tomorrow.

I'll tell you one thing, the NV were cruel. Brutal. Made Hitler and Stalin look like choir boys. It's kinda hard to kiss and make up when you've seen the evil horrors they enjoyed doing.
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    No hate for the VC. I do hate that I never had the pleasure of having Hanoi Jane's face in my scope.