In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Da Nang, Camp Tien Shaw Material

mcasomcaso Member Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
Looking for anyone we served with.
mcaso

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    When I was there (67-68) I landed in Danang and then went to several locations in I Corps aka MarineLand. I'm not familiar with the Camp name, but then I never was good with names- whereabouts was it?
  • Options
    mcasomcaso Member Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Ray. Camp Tien Shaw was an old french base across the river from Da Nang. Just below Monkey Mt. and just before Tien Shaw Ramp. Down the road further was a Coast Guard station. I believe that the Marines would be rotated from the jungle every few months to the Ramp, I guess that was supposed to be R&R or something. I was there from Oct. 65 to Oct. 66. We were with NSA Da Nang. There was 22 of us in Material Division, Camp Tien Shaw. By mid 66 we were mostly sent to Covered Storage as Material Division was being closed out. Two of our group went to Chu Li when it was being set up.
    Including those who have passed over, we have located all but 5 of our group. We have been getting together for vacations the past 5 or 6 years.