In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking for some Vets

sdkimmer619sdkimmer619 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
My parents are Vietnamese and worked for the Americans during the war. If you or anyone you know was part of Advisory Team 91 in the Binh Duong Province, please email me! My parents are looking for anyone they can. They made many wonderful friends during this time and we have been lucky to find a few of them again.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Kim Nguyen
San Diego, CA

Comments

• Options
    rhnaylor2rhnaylor2 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was the S-2 [Phong Hai] Advisor for Binh Duong Province [MACV Adv Tm 91] from June 1968 - June 1969. Lived in downtown Phu Cuong City.

Who were your parents? How were they associated with Tm 91?

Bob Naylor
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rhnaylor2
    I was the S-2 [Phong Hai] Advisor for Binh Duong Province [MACV Adv Tm 91] from June 1968 - June 1969. Lived in downtown Phu Cuong City.

Bob Naylor

Hi Bob,

My dad is Tin Nguyen and my mom is Co Van. My dad was an SFC ARVN interpreter for the Americans at Binh Duong sector S-3 between 1967-1972. My mom was a secretary for RF/PF with Captain Ron Osimo. My dad says you also know Captain Harry Foster and Captain Ray Gandy. We have reconnected with all three men.

My dad remembers you from when the whole team moved to the Lam Son compound and you used to jog on the field out front. Do you remember him and my mom? They were not yet married while working there.

Hope you are doing well!

Kim Nguyen
  • Options
    rhnaylor2rhnaylor2 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sdkimmer619
    quote:Originally posted by rhnaylor2

Bob Naylor

Hi Bob,

My dad is Tin Nguyen and my mom is Co Van. My dad was an SFC ARVN interpreter for the Americans at Binh Duong sector S-3 between 1967-1972. My mom was a secretary for RF/PF with Captain Ron Osimo. My dad says you also know Captain Harry Foster and Captain Ray Gandy. We have reconnected with all three men.

My dad remembers you from when the whole team moved to the Lam Son compound and you used to jog on the field out front. Do you remember him and my mom? They were not yet married while working there.

Hope you are doing well!

Kim Nguyen

Kim --

I think your parents have me mixed up with someone else. I knew Ron Osimo but don't recall Captains Foster or Gandy and I was there when the team was at Sector House in Phu Cuong and then most of the officers moved to a five-storey building [50 Le Van Duyet St.] south of the central market just off the river a block or two -- on the road to Ba Lua and Lai Thieu. My counterpart was Dai-Uy [and then Thieu-Ta on 23 Jul 1968] Phuong and we worked at the Sector HQ near the Catholic Church in Phu Cuong my entire tour [although the S-2 office was undergoing renovation when I arrived in June 1968. S-2 1st SGT was ARVN SGT Phong and SGTs Tot, Hue, and Buu were in the office.

A couple of my roommates were with the S-3 Advisors -- MAJ Moore was the S-3 Advisor and CPTs Roger Renn and Chuck Pantalion were Asst. S-3 Advisors when I was there. COL Ly Tong Ba was the original Province Chief when I arrived and COL Alfred Kitts was the Province Senior Advisor, he was later replaced by LTV Angus Mundy and then by LTC Fleigh.CPT Huett and MAJ Robinson were the RF/PF Advisors when I arrived. ARVN LTC Toi was Binh Duong Sector Military Deputy. CPT Wayne Dumont was Phoenix/Phung Hoang Advisor.

My interpreter was SGT Huynh Van Van and my driver was CPT Van Y. 1LT Bam was CO of the Sector Intel Plt == we operated with 794 RF Co. a lot.

I NEVER jogged in a field anywhere -- I am short -- 5'2" [1.57 m] tall -- and rode a Honda motorcycle much of the time. Will try to send you a photo.

Bob Naylor
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sdkimmer619@yahoo.com