In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Son lost one of his men to war in Iraq yesterday.

41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
edited June 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
My oldest son is a Cpt. in the national guard and commander of an artillary unit. They deployed to Iraq 3 years ago. Some of the unit members have gone back for a second deployment on a voluntary basis to help fill the ranks of other units since. One of the sargents that volunteered to go with another unit about 6 months ago was killed yesterday. Don't know the details yet on what happened.

On another note my niece's husband, another guard member is headed back to Iraq on his second deployment the middle of July.

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1

Sandy and I pray daily for our soldiers, and we pray specifically for those we know. Let me know there names and we'll add them to our daily prayer list.

deheffley@verizon.net
  • 41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    I will have to get with him and get the names of the guys who are back over there. Will try to get the info this week otherwise it will be awhile before I can. He and his wife are headed for a 2 week vacation in Alaaka Friday morning. Wife and I will be going to their place sometime this week and I 'll ask him.