In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Was digging through some old stuff...

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited April 2006 in US Military Veteran Forum
A couple of years back, my mother died, dad had already passed years earlier. We had to clean out her and dad's personal belongings. In the process, my sister found a box that contained EVERY letter I had written them while in Viet Nam.

Of course, my emotions we still raw from mother passing, and when I read some the letters, I decided to stop and put them away for another day. Later I read a few more.

Yesterday, I read most of them, and all I can say is,

MAN WAS I A DUMB KID! [:D]

Life goes on!

Comments

• 41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    Weren't we all at that age? We got married while I was on leave between Germany and Nam. Wrote the wife nearly every day. Of course she saved them all. Dug them out awhile ago and had me read them with her.
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found a similar bunch of letters in my mother's attic three years ago. I'm still embarrassed by them. What could I possibly have been thinking???[:(]
  • Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't write much when I was in country (I even got in trouble for it). However when my mother passed away I found the ones I did write...I have to agree with everybody....Boy was I lame!!
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mom found someofmine. my spelling was horrible. no wonder only the military would take me![B)]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • 101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1