In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Jane Again OUTRAGEOUS

Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in US Military Veteran Forum
I got this yesterday and have not be able to confirm, but looks legit.

From our friends at The Duffel Blog

Washington, DC - Both the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars issued a joint statement today condemning the U.S. Navy over the launch of its newest warship, the USS Jane Fonda.

"Without getting into Jane Fonda's activities during the Vietnam War, we feel that it is highly inappropriate to name a warship after an actress with no ties to the military," said James Mitchell, a spokesman for both groups.

The ship's name, which had been kept under wraps until right before the launch, was revealed yesterday at a star-studded event presided over by Ms. Fonda.

Ms. Fonda made a statement prior to the launch, saying, "I dedicate this ship to the brave men who fought and died in Vietnam, especially those in the 66th Viet Cong Regiment."

The actress is extremely unpopular among some military groups for her activities during the Vietnam War, such as posing for propaganda pictures with North Vietnamese soldiers, referring to American prisoners of war as "hypocrites and liars", and more recently cutting the line at a Target in front of a guy wearing an American flag t-shirt.

American warships, traditionally named after states, cities, and posthumous military heroes, have increasingly been named after living figures ever since 1998, when the Republican-controlled Congress named 18 warships in a row after former President Ronald Reagan.
[:(!]

Comments

• CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I did a Snopes search, there is no US Navy ship named after the *, period. There is rumor of an outhouse in the cascade mountains of Washington named in her honor.
    Happy fourth of July, and welcome home.
    W.D.
  • Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the update Capt; I thought the USA had finally lost all respect and hope.
    I'll sleep better tonight.[}:)]
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Or changing the title of President of the United States to Allah'bama
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Looks legit" You gotta be kidding.

She might be able to get a body tuck business named after her, but not a ship.

GOOD call W.D.
    [^][^]
  • Rick S.Rick S. Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually Hanoi Jane said the pics taken of her sitting on the missle launcher in Hanoi was the biggest mistake she ever made and will regret it to her dying day.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And on her dying day, I plan to hoist a beer, and shed a tear for the enemy.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rick S.
    Actually Hanoi Jane said the pics taken of her sitting on the missle launcher in Hanoi was the biggest mistake she ever made and will regret it to her dying day.

And so she should. I hope it haunts her every day until then.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Stopped in a truck stop a while back. In the urinals there had these little targets with Hanoi Jane's face as the 10 ring. I hate I only had to piss once.
  • lee shermanlee sherman Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Christ!! Keel haul the *!!![:0]
  • BergtrefferBergtreffer Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, speakin' of the *'s dying day. They better bury her at sea, lest her burial plot becomes a latrine. I would wait in line to wet down her grave. No grass would ever grow on her grave for the soggy dirt.
  • riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    Naming a ship after Hanoi Jane would be as horrible as naming one Barack Hussein Obama. [;)]

Well, if anyone would authorize her (sic) name on a US ship, hussein obama would be the one. [;)]

betcha a steak there will be down the road
  • dusty123dusty123 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I said, Hang her on a clothesline by her eyelids and kick her in the c--t till she blinks
  • stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    Naming a ship after Hanoi Jane would be as horrible as naming one Barack Hussein Obama. [;)]

Well, if anyone would authorize her (sic) name on a US ship, hussein obama would be the one. [;)]
    I disagree! Why not beat the liberals to the punch and name a garbage scow, or sanitary barge, after him?
  • ChuckWBIVChuckWBIV Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty
    "Looks legit" You gotta be kidding.

She might be able to get a body tuck business named after her, but not a ship.

GOOD call W.D.
    [^][^]

Really... "Looks legit"???

My old man always said, "Think". I do nowadays. And first thing I would think now is, "That's someone's humor".

OP - you didn't think right away that that's someone's humor?

C'mon dude - think.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    US55- perhaps you are unfamiliar with the term "shed a tear for the enemy?"

Means to micturate.
  • EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smoky14
    I got this yesterday and have not be able to confirm, but looks legit.

From our friends at The Duffel Blog

Washington, DC - Both the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars issued a joint statement today condemning the U.S. Navy over the launch of its newest warship, the USS Jane Fonda.

"Without getting into Jane Fonda's activities during the Vietnam War, we feel that it is highly inappropriate to name a warship after an actress with no ties to the military," said James Mitchell, a spokesman for both groups.

The ship's name, which had been kept under wraps until right before the launch, was revealed yesterday at a star-studded event presided over by Ms. Fonda.

Ms. Fonda made a statement prior to the launch, saying, "I dedicate this ship to the brave men who fought and died in Vietnam, especially those in the 66th Viet Cong Regiment."

The actress is extremely unpopular among some military groups for her activities during the Vietnam War, such as posing for propaganda pictures with North Vietnamese soldiers, referring to American prisoners of war as "hypocrites and liars", and more recently cutting the line at a Target in front of a guy wearing an American flag t-shirt.

American warships, traditionally named after states, cities, and posthumous military heroes, have increasingly been named after living figures ever since 1998, when the Republican-controlled Congress named 18 warships in a row after former President Ronald Reagan.
    [:(!]

It sounds like an article from the Duffle Blog, which is the military version of the Onion
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not familiar with the Duffel Blog but if that was supposed to be a joke, it God damned sure wasn't funny.

I enjoy military humor, but I intensely dislike despicable attempts at military humor from those who disrespect or hate my country. [V] [:(!]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.