In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

replacing stolen medals

kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
Does anyone know how I go about replacing my medals from vietnam? I tried to call the VA but all I got was a recording. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    National Personnel Records Center
    Military Personnel Records
    9700 Page Avenue
    St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

If you have never made a request for medals before, send a letter along with a copy of your DD214, requesting copies of your military records and all awards and decorations due you.

Also ask for your medical records, they are handy to have.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    National Personnel Records Center
    Military Personnel Records
    9700 Page Avenue
    St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

Letter and dd214 sent. Thank you very much
  • Options
    onepopperonepopper Member Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You only need to contact your US Congressman's office. They will take care of the paperwork for you. If you are in the 3rd Congressional District of Arkansas, Congressman Boozman's office can help you. I am a volunteer at the office and work on the Vet's medals weekly. You will need to present your SS number, and sign a release form for the Congressional staff to intercede on your behalf.
    We recently helped a female Air Force Vet get her medals. To her surprise she recieved 14 medals, some were the highest individual awards the Air Force ever issued. Most of the awards were issued to her after her discharge and she aware not aware of them.
    Sincerely, Onepopper
  • Options
    N2boats1N2boats1 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Replaced mine at a local gun show. Just a thought.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Finally received most of my medals. The letter with the medals said that foreign awards are not issued and must be purchased.
    I will now be ordering those at.
    quote:If you wish to purchase some, www.medalsofamerica.com is a source.

Thanks us55840
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ltcdoty - Thanks for the information that you posted. I'll now be following up wit that as well. Appreciated.