In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

40 years ago!

Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in US Military Veteran Forum
It was exactly 40 years ago that I was flying four hours a day, and getting hosed four hours a day. Forty years since I may have been responsible for one GI's death, and forty years since I was definitely responsible for saving more than a hundred GIs. Neither has ever been far from my mind, and never more so than on this anniversary year.

Crisp salute to all who fought with me.
I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.

Comments

• Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    It was exactly 40 years ago that I was flying four hours a day, and getting hosed four hours a day. Forty years since I may have been responsible for one GI's death, and forty years since I was definitely responsible for saving more than a hundred GIs. Neither has ever been far from my mind, and never more so than on this anniversary year.

Crisp salute to all who fought with me.
    I can identify with your comments in general. We do the best that we can, when we can.

Thanks to you and the many other eyes in the sky. You saved our AZZEZ many times. You folks were like Michael, the Archangel when in the sky looking over us. [^]

A salute to you and a "Good day to you", Rocky. Its good seeing you. [:)]
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Anyone who things wars are neat and tidy is an idiot.

God bless all of you.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you, Rocky, for being there when they needed you.
    What's next?
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    We all had a job to do! Thanks to all who did that job and did it well. But remember ALL OF US were in support of the BOOTS ON THE GROUND![^]
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was in the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport yesterday chatting with a young Army Major. I wanted to thank him for his service to the country. I mentioned I served in the Army in Vietnam and he thanked me for my service also...... That was nice to hear. That sort of respect was non-exhistent 42 years ago when I came home.
  • brotus2brotus2 Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I came home in April of '66. 45 years this year. Hard to believe. Hard to forget.
  • flapjackflapjack Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In 6 minutes, it will be 41 years to the day that I climbed on the freedom bird. Welcome home everyone. Flapjack.