In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Delay & deny until they die".

elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in US Military Veteran Forum
That is quoted word for word what my Veterans Service Administrator told me is the current policy of the V.A. when a claim is filed by military personnel for a service related disability. I filed my initial claim in January 2010. It was denied two years later. I filed an appeal in February 2012. Now, two more years later no judgment has been made on my appeal. Since I am 70 years old, I can only assume they are following their policy of "Delay & deny until they die". Retroactive payments are not paid to deceased veterans. The V.A. does not dispute the fact that I served two tours in Vietnam and was exposed to Agent Orange during that time. My claim is for one of the diseases listed as Agent Orange caused.
I have written letters similar to this to V.F.W. Magazine, newspapers and The regional V.A. representative. Any input on this? Eddie

Comments

• Options
    DresserDanDresserDan Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go over here and do some checking. A lot of good info here Good luck

http://vets.yuku.com/directory#.UuCIFcLnYdU
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by elubsme
    That is quoted word for word what my Veterans Service Administrator told me is the current policy of the V.A. when a claim is filed by military personnel for a service related disability. I filed my initial claim in January 2010. It was denied two years later. I filed an appeal in February 2012. Now, two more years later no judgment has been made on my appeal. Since I am 70 years old, I can only assume they are following their policy of "Delay & deny until they die". Retroactive payments are not paid to deceased veterans. The V.A. does not dispute the fact that I served two tours in Vietnam and was exposed to Agent Orange during that time. My claim is for one of the diseases listed as Agent Orange caused.
    I have written letters similar to this to V.F.W. Magazine, newspapers and The regional V.A. representative. Any input on this? Eddie

Amen Brother!!![:(!] And I contact my Senator and ask for him to intervene on my behalf! No dice. Alabama's Senator Shelby is part of the problem, not part of the solution![V]
  • Options
    flapjackflapjack Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trust God-file with VFW-don;t get mad, don't give up.