In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Happy 45th TET Anniversary

Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
Some say February is Black history month. Ever since January 31, 1968 it's been TET history month- Enjoy life fellow surviving 5th Marines vets.

Comments

• Options
    Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks RB: not a Marine but managed to surive tet and many incomming 122s

Smoky
  • Options
    cercer Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wasn't there yet. I had 2 good friends with 1/3 one A company, the other B co.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Thank you Ray, I was 11B Army, not a wool hat boy, but I was there.
    W.D.
  • Options
    DresserDanDresserDan Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had just left the air base in Saigon after droping off a load and was headed back to my base in Tua Duc in my truck when all hell broke out on the highway.Got into the compound right before they hit us.We were pinned down there for three days.They blew up several trucks.
  • Options
    Da-TankDa-Tank Member Posts: 4,074
    edited November -1
    Arrived in country on 28 Aug 1965, Nice country but stinky.
    Left on 28 Aug. 1967, couldn't smell anything for 6 mos.
    ARRIVED in country 28 Dec 1967, still stinks.
    Arrived HUE 4 Hrs. before poop hits fan. Finally I know why country stinks. Learned to love Marines, and A Goose.(for those who know)
    April finally rolls around and it's safe so they sent me North to Camp Evans. Damn this country stinks, and now I'm sure somebody is trying to kill me or get me killed. Somebody asked for vols. for Kah Shah, By now I'm smarter then those other guys. Told 1st.SGT. I was on perment sick call, for nerves. Still shake to this day, like parkensons.
  • Options
    Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    I was out of there by then.
    THANK YOU, to all of you who made that possible.

SS