In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

50 years

ochocoochoco Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
Guys it has been 50 years since the tet offensive, darn it I woke up last night and was there....smell and all.

Rest well brothers

Smoky

Comments

• ochocoochoco Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ago today. Got on an airplane at Travis AFB, Ca. Next stop Vietnam.
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Finishing up my leave in Pa. after my first tour in Chu Lai. Then I did a second tour in DaNang 07/05/66.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I left from Travis also, but we stopped in Hawaii over night, then Guam and Nam. My trip was 48 yrs ago.
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    We are all getting to be old farts!!![:D] I have my 50 class reunion this June. My first trip to the 'BIG GREEN LATRINE' was in 68!!! The second one in 71! You guys are real old farts!!![;)]
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Seems like last week, sometimes.
    W.D.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    44 years ago this month, April 10th, 1972 to be exact, we (the USS Midway and its Air Wing CAW-5) were steaming under the Golden Gate Bridge headed for Vietnam and 19 days later we were conducting strike operations in the Tonkin Gulf. We deployed 7 weeks early and our workups were cut severely short; basically our training and workups were live, not practices and exercises!!!

Dang, time sure passes fast!!!!!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!