In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

PTSD and gun control

jakeeibjakeeib Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited December 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
Maybe this a leap, but I decided to stay away from the mental health proffesinals after returning from Iraq. I have several Soldiers that have undergone counseling and are being medically discharged for PTSD. My concern is that maybe not now but in the future these mental health "issues" will be used to stop our gun ownership. What are you thoughts.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    They are already trying to do it. The democrats have been trying to push through the veterans disarmament act...[:(!][V]
  • BlackgunsBlackguns Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hopefully that act will not go anywhere. The one thing that would really set off that type of legislation would be an "incident" that involved a vet.
  • jakeeibjakeeib Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well things involving guns and vets happen all the time. Somebody always comes home and kills his wife or wifes boyfriend(he deserves it). I cant help but wonder how many vets arent getting the help they may need because of this though. I know I am staying clear. The rights of others are more important then my mental health!!!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    It will be a law in 8 days if we can't get President Bush to veto it. Call the Whitehouse NOW! Demand that they veto the "NICS Improvement Act of 2007"
  • ladamsladams Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The president stated awhile ago that he supported this measure, and would sign it into law if placed in front of him. Seeing as he does not seem to care how popular he is, or what the citizens think I doubt any number of phone calls would change his mind.