In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

H.R. 303

rawhide54rawhide54 Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
edited February 2009 in US Military Veteran Forum
Legislation has once again been proposed to eliminate the offset of VA disability and military retirement pay, i.e. provide concurrent receipt. The new bill for the 111th Congress is H.R. 303. Currently it has only one sponsor and no cosponsors. I want to encourage everyone to contact their US Represenative and urge them to get on board with this bill. Whether you're disabled or not, its still important to getting all the benefits we've earned.

The government seems to have money for everyone else, its about time they starting paying us for what we've earned.

Comments

• wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    I agree The federal government sticks its big old nose into everything, They fund unconstitutional programs with an unconstitutional tax, but they don't take care of veterans. Taking care of veterans should be a priority for the government, but the bootom line is they would just assume to let us starve to death, they could care less about us or their constitutional duties so long as they can stuff money in their own pockets that all they care about.
  • wildeman.7.62natowildeman.7.62nato Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That would be awesome, I'd really benefit from that!
  • rawhide54rawhide54 Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I managed to pigeon hole a staffer from one of our US Representatives on this bill in a meeting we were both attending yesterday. By the time I'd finished explaining it, he asked "The government is essentially making you guys pay your own VA disability benefits by reducing your retirement?" YES!!!!! My point exactly!!! He said that's outrageous and this is something that needs to be addressed. If we can just get enough of them to understand maybe we can get this changed and have full concurrent receipt.
  • wildeman.7.62natowildeman.7.62nato Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rawhide54
    I managed to pigeon hole a staffer from one of our US Representatives on this bill in a meeting we were both attending yesterday. By the time I'd finished explaining it, he asked "The government is essentially making you guys pay your own VA disability benefits by reducing your retirement?" YES!!!!! My point exactly!!! He said that's outrageous and this is something that needs to be addressed. If we can just get enough of them to understand maybe we can get this changed and have full concurrent receipt.

Not so good a luck with a Dem from MN