In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I can see it happening. I came very close to doing something similar when my ex cheated on me...if it had not been for an outstanding 1st Sargent, I would have probably done some jail time and the world would have at least one less male in it...it's amazing how fast one can be shipped to Korea...and it wasn't me.
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Justice served. Except for the Army soldier that is in jail for enforcing his marriage vow that his wife broke.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    In Pakistan they call it "honor killing."[xx(]

Sorry, can't support this guy no matter how much he was hurting. Men need to get past the notion that they own women and can kill them because they're angry or hurt. We live in America, not the Pashtun tribal lands of Afghanistan.
  • amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    I feel for him, I really do.

I feel nothing for her.

We had an incident like that out here after the second deployment.

Morally, it seems justified to us, but we all know that killing is illegal.

Involuntary manslaughter due to rage seems appropriate, plus there is the extra added feature that this guy is a fresh combat vet. Once he flipped, the adrenaline kicked in and he was mindless for a bit.

C'mon you guys... you know he went on autopilot.

I am not saying it was right in that sense. I am only saying that it is probably what happened. They probably will not acknowledge the beast they created. They would have to admit it in all our cases.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I don't think it was justified no matter how you cut it. Morally, legally... this POS was wrong.

His wife cheated on him? He should've cheated on her if he wanted to even things up.

The last time I checked, soldiers and Marines were men, not children, not animals. To blame it all on the adrenaline removes responsibility from the picture. If he wants to plead the dumb animal defense, by all means let him, but seventy-one times throughout the house was not heat of passion, it was cold blooded murder.

I refuse to attribute a higher moral ground to a filthy murderer just because he happens to wear a uniform.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:I feel for him, I really do.

I feel nothing for her.

We had an incident like that out here after the second deployment.

Morally, it seems justified to us, but we all know that killing is illegal.

Involuntary manslaughter due to rage seems appropriate, plus there is the extra added feature that this guy is a fresh combat vet. Once he flipped, the adrenaline kicked in and he was mindless for a bit.

C'mon you guys... you know he went on autopilot.

I am not saying it was right in that sense. I am only saying that it is probably what happened. They probably will not acknowledge the beast they created. They would have to admit it in all our cases.

That's exactly what happened to me...but I lost it on the dude that was screwing around with my wife. I could have never hurt her...unless perhaps I walked in on them or something. I can certainly understand what happened. I'm not justifying his actions in any way, but I understand what happened. This is just one more reason for why I believe soldiers should not be married.
  • One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    ElMuertoMonkey: When was the last time you saw action or have had some of the same expierances these guys have had. More than likely, none at all. Easy for you to judge is it not? I have stood in this kids shoes, but opted to go the other way rather than killing the ho. The only thing I would have done differently than this guy, would be to hunt the guy down next.
  • jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was glad to be single when I was over there in the sandbox. Makes things alot easier. One of my buddies was sure his wife was cheating on him, but of course he was paranoid like that. It was so much easier for me. No wife, no girlfriend.
  • amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    I have met and talked with lots of people over the years that claim one should never kill. That position results in absurdities about eating meat, capitol punishment, self defense and other issues.

The problem lies in the position itself as it is a false propostion logically. Most people can't see that, and that by itself, the unclear view, is what causes the conniption between everyone about it.

I would agree that intellectually, one ought never kill. But like many concepts, it doesn't have a good fit with the way the world is.