In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The Reason there will never be peace in the...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited April 2006 in US Military Veteran Forum
middle east: For those who would like to know why there is so much animosity between the Jews and the Arabs, I strongly recommend the book "The Everlasting Hatred The Roots of Jihad"...written by Hal Lindsey.

I figured some of the folks in this forum might be interested in this book...seeing as how most of us have something in common with the region.

Comments

• amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    middle east: For those who would like to know why there is so much animosity between the Jews and the Arabs, I strongly recommend the book "The Everlasting Hatred The Roots of Jihad"...written by Hal Lindsey.

I figured some of the folks in this forum might be interested in this book...seeing as how most of us have something in common with the region.

I haven't read that particular book. But I did read the koran during my second year in college. I was comparing a red letter bible with the things that christ supposedly had stated with words that were supposed to have been stated by mohammed.

I ended up focussing primarily on the concept of jihad, since it had such an opposite feature when compared to christian morals.
    Religion aside... if you read it you will understand that there will never be reconciliation with anyone or group outside the moslem conceptual world. It is forbidden. Its really an eye opener, and I won't get into it because this conversation will denigrate into some sort weird debate if we open that door too wide. But I would suggest that you read the qu'aran as they spell it to grasp a real understanding about what it is that we are up against.

Its worth a good look because it is one thing for us to say:

"They've been killing each other for thousands of years over there!"

Where that is mere folk psychology brought on by at least some measure of truth, and doesn't really grasp the issue. Its a false enthememe. (folk psychology being in this case, what we generally agree about based on our psychological reaction to what we see and notice about the thing in question)

It is another thing to look at what it is that provides what seems to be a rather forceful and obligatory guidance of views that males them act as they do. This will get you to the facts of the matter.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I posted a long response to your post, but it's gone! I have been studying parts of the Koran lately, and I could not agree more with what you have to say. I just recently learned an interesting fact about Mohammad. He actually was going to commit suicide several times while writing the Koran b/c he believed he was demon possesed. His wife talked him out of it and convinced him that he was a great prophet of God. It's too bad he didn't follow through with it. A lot of problems would have been solved with the world today.
  • amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    I posted a long response to your post, but it's gone! I have been studying parts of the Koran lately, and I could not agree more with what you have to say. I just recently learned an interesting fact about Mohammad. He actually was going to commit suicide several times while writing the Koran b/c he believed he was demon possesed. His wife talked him out of it and convinced him that he was a great prophet of God. It's too bad he didn't follow through with it. A lot of problems would have been solved with the world today.

aw geez, now I'm gonna say it....

I have suspected for a long time that it is possible that the "angel" mmohammed met in the desert was actually a "demon", if such things exist. I do not know of any other way to create an explanation for a religious text with such demonic content.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A little knowledge of the Spirit can be a dangerous thing. Islam is a perfect example. How they got virgin souls mixed up with Sexual Virgins is funny, or intentional lies/propaganda. That Haven does not compare to the True Heaven of Union with the Holy Spirit, Jesus waits at the Right Hand of the Father to Usher us into.

War has been with man. There should be a forum called: US Military Veterans - Secret Wars
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I think the real reason while there will never be peace in the Middle East is probably a little more mundane than religion.

Not to sound blase about the entire thing, but the resources there are so scarce and the cultures (Jewish and Arab) are so keen to fight, that there will always be a clash between the haves and the have-nots.

Religion makes for a handy excuse, but in the absence of Jews, there'd still be warfare. That place is a lot like Sub-Saharan Africa - they've known nothing but privation and violence for countless generations, so the contest for scarce resources will always result in violence.

It's ironic that the most peaceful time in their existence was when the French and British were kicking them around and telling them how to behave like good little colonials. Maybe they just can't handle freedom like the rest of us can?
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    There will be peace in the middle east. Once they are out of oil their livelyhood will vanish. The justification to give Saudi Arabia special treatment will vanish.

Saudi Arabia is America's biggest enemy right now. They are the only country in history to mandate our military forces obtain Saudi Arabian military ID's and get away with it....just so American's can suck at the oil.