In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Voc Rehab (ch 31) Question

xxKYLExxxxKYLExx Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited March 2008 in US Military Veteran Forum
This is my first time posting, so first off; I would like to say "hello" to everyone.

I did a search on voc rehab in the forum, but I couldn't find anything...please don't flame me. I also searched through military.com with pretty much no luck either.

Has anyone gotten a master's degree through ch 31? I ask cause I am about to finish my B.S. soon, which used up all of my MGIB. I am 40% disabled and I know that I can not pay for the master's. So I'm hoping that ch 31 will save me from getting a loan for a ton of money.

Has anyone ran across this situation? Is it dependant on the VA counselor (objectively) to determine wether or not I can get Voc Rehab for more education? I know that I qualify, but does that mean I am entitled to pursue the masters directly after my B.S., or do I need to prove that I can not find a job first? Please post your personal accounts with Voc Rehab.

God bless and thank you;

Kyle

Comments

• FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kyle,

Welcome to the forum. I am not sure but I believe you must apply and find out your eligibility. Try this site http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/vre/vrs.htm

Good luck!
  • gmherpsgmherps Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kyle,
    I got my MSW thru CH 31. You really have to be sweet to the counselors and they'll give in.
  • xxKYLExxxxKYLExx Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gmherps
    Kyle,
    I got my MSW thru CH 31. You really have to be sweet to the counselors and they'll give in.

lol I thought so.

I just moved from Florida to New Mexico, so I need to figure out how they operate here. I know that the DVA guy in Florida would have given me ch 31 with no questions asked.
  • gmherpsgmherps Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    DAV doesn't "give" a darn thing. They "give" advice on how to obtain certain benefits. If you haven't used all your 48 months of eligibility, you still have time left, after that I suggest you contact GIBILL and get a certificate of eligibility from them. That will help offset costs of tuition and help with grants and loans