In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone know the year?

Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
edited April 2006 in US Military Veteran Forum
Does anyone know the year that Operation Desert Storm ended?

I'll give ya a hint...it was long after 1991.

Comments

• Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you sure it wasn't in 91? Because when I was there we went from Desert Storm to Provide Comfort. Although Combat Operations or pay has never stopped for Desert Storm until Iraqi Freedom started 3 years ago and then it was just renamed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They were still spitting out deployment orders for "Operation Desert Storm" in mid-1995.

What year did they cease giving out "Operation Desert Storm" deployment orders?
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The cease-fire took effect on 11 Apr 91.

I have a deployment order to Saudi under Operation Desert Calm in 1992.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to Riyahd in the spring of 93 with a Patriot Battalion. It was a scheduled rotation called Operation Desert Falcon. Supposedly it was the last rotation to be authorized a combat patch. So, I'm thinking Dec of 93?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    After much research it appears they should have labeled my orders "Operation Southern Watch" but they were labeled "Operation Desert Storm" in 1995.

I had nothing to do with Operation Southern Watch and my job at the time entailed moving War Readiness Equipment/Material to a storage facility for a base closure in the Gulf.

I left, then Dharhan got bombed...they opened the base right back up and made it the focul point of Southern Watch with other countries there with us.