In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Veterans events

gregoryhart1gregoryhart1 Member Posts: 518 ✭✭✭
edited January 2009 in US Military Veteran Forum
I'd like to post some information about an event I'm involved with, it's called Wheelers for the Wounded. This event is the brainchild of an Iraq veteran and avid off-roader that decided it might be a good idea to invite soldiers out for a weekend of camping & off-roading. I, along with my Jeep club, will be hosting the event in Hot Springs AR the weekend of April 18. Feel free to contact me for more info or visit the WFTW website. www.wheelersforthewounded.org/index.htm
This event is going on all year at various locations across the country, and we would sure like to have a good turnout of military personnel. It doesn't matter when you served, all that matters is you suffered some form of injury while in the service of our country.
Thank you all for your service.
GH1[:)]

Comments

• wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    Hey thats a great idea, if I was near AR I would be willing to help. You are on the right track. The worst thing I felt when coming home was boredom, yeah I had a job but I was polishing a chair with my *. Looking back on things it would have been really easy to get into drugs when I come back seeking the same adreniline high that I had while deployed. I was used to being on the move 20-22 hours a day for weeks at a time, then come home and at first it was like Christmas so much time off I didn't know what to do with it. Another thing is aggression, I was extremely agressive and quite harsh with people. Its something that fades back to somewhat normal after a while, what I am saying is if someone seems kindof aloof or rude, don't take it personally its the adjustment process. But good deal keeping vets busy with fun activities you are truly providing a needed service. Look up your local vet center they can help you with recruiting people to help and finding people to attend as well, Good luck.
  • gregoryhart1gregoryhart1 Member Posts: 518 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input witty, I'll be sure to pass it on to my fellow club members. If you're interested in helping out, visit the WFTW website for a list of locations nationwide. There should be one on there, or at the very least send them an e-mail requesting the info. They should be able to help you out.
    GH1[:)]
  • wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    I thought it was just a local thing in Arkansas, I didn't realize it was nationwide, I'll look into it.