In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

THANK YOU

Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
I'm not a veteran, but I appreciate and respect all veterans for your service. I just wanted to thank you for what you've gone through for our country. God Bless.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you. Thank you for our way of life. Thank you for sacrificing your innocence for us. Thank you for enduring those ungrateful countrymen who were and are ingnorant enough not to realize that without you they would not be able to express their stupidity. Thanks to your families as well. May you have peace and happiness all the rest of your days.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am a father and uncle of recent Iraq veterans and new here.I just want to say thanks to all of you for your service and sacrifice.I was an Army helicopter crewchief back in the 70s and have recently retired after working at Ft.Rucker as a helicopter mechanic for many years.May your Higher Power bless you and yours on this Veterans Day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you and Welcome Home!

Mule
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Your Welcome, It was my pleasure to have served and I count those days as some of the best of my life
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mk 19
    Your Welcome, It was my pleasure to have served and I count those days as some of the best of my life
    Ditto on what Mk said, plus I'll add:

I lived some experiences that I would not give up for nothing, Some I'd never want to live again but would to help ensure the posibility that my kids and the next generation won't have to live them.
  • Options
    edited November -1

What he said...
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank You. Some of the Best and Worst times of my life, and I would definately do it again!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have always loved when people would tell me "if anything ever happened to you, you would have different feelings about the military", but as you look at the list of respondants you will see:

Get-R-Done: 100% Disabled
    Mk 19: 40% Disabled
    sarge_3ad: currently appling for disability
    ECC: I'm sorry SR., but I don't remember

sure bunks that statement, doesn't it
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have always loved when people would tell me "if anything ever happened to you, you would have different feelings about the military", but as you look at the list of respondants you will see:

You hit the nail on the head. And it is even more true with a combat veteran.

If you look in my signature line I have a quote by E. Hemingway.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man.
    And those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never cared for anything else."

I truly think it takes a combat vet to understand that quote.

Does it mean that we want to go out and kill just to kill? Of course not!

To me that quote deals with the adrenalin rush that we all felt with our lives on the line. It is a feeling that is imposible to put into words. And there is also no feeling like it on earth.

It is also a feeling that I hope my kids will never have to experience even though in some ways I miss it.

Here I go trying to put words out there for something there are no words for, and I am sure the vets here know what I mean, so I'll leave it at that.

But I'll say to Huntingnerd that even though I feel that people should do there service to their country, be glad that you have not had to live some of our experiences. Sure most all of us would go live them again. But that is in hope that others will never have too.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Disabled...Persian Gulf Syndrome
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

Rated 100% before my medical records were lost.

I consider it the highest honor to have had the priviledge to serve this country in combat.
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Update: Currently rated at 60%, working on 100%. (those aching joints)

You say we're needed where? Let's Go![:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mk 19

Rated 100% before my medical records were lost.

I consider it the highest honor to have had the priviledge to serve this country in combat.

Now I know, and I won't forget, thanks ECC
  • Options
    Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    70% disabled, agent orange, GWS, severe c-spine damage. 23 years service.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old Fool
    70% disabled, agent orange, GWS, severe c-spine damage. 23 years service.
    I want to thank you there OLD! Combat in Vietnam and in Desert Storm you are part of an elite crowd. My unit had three that were part of that crowd, and I was put on temperary assignment with another who was enlisted durring Nam an became an officer and had worked up to Major at that time.

The 3 in my unit that had been to Vietnam I truely believe had alot to do with keeping alot of us sane durring the actual fighting, and I don't think alot of us could have done what we did without them.

I salute you!