In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

IMPORTING

armyspecarmyspec Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
edited March 2006 in US Military Veteran Forum
ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN BRING A FIREARM HOME AFTER DEPLOYMENT IN IRAQ?

Comments

• amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armyspec
    ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN BRING A FIREARM HOME AFTER DEPLOYMENT IN IRAQ?

HE*LL no...
    gotta be clever, but it'll be illegal.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Legally...I think you can, but it takes a whole lot of paperwork. That being said, there have been quite a few firearms taken home...not quite so legally.
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It ain't worth it

I gave up a sweet browning Hi-Power, I didn't want to risk the felony

A good buddy of mine picked up a cermonial sword out of a Rep. Guard Division HQ......he had to give that up too. Now its probably hanging on the wall at some 0-6's house, along with the BS story about him "capturing" it. [:(][:(][:(]
  • One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    Kind of funny how that works. I captured a republican guard officer with a Makarov pistol. Took the pistol, sent the offier on his. At the end of the war I tuned the pistol into my platoon sergeant. Later some SFC was busted trying to hide it in his duffle bag. Got to watch the company commander have a tank run it over three times. (the pistol not the SFC[:D])
  • amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    well.. why wouldn't they let me bring home my chzech 60 mortar.. it had the box and all the fixins and everything.... ??
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    The Reserves get away with murder. They deploy all over and we see their palletized cargo coming back....barbecue grills....Jeep softtops....strollers.....beer......car parts.....electronics....I know they have snuck a firearm or two in their.

USPS Mail get's X-rayed.[xx(] Airlifted 'official' cargo gets put on plane.[;)]