In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ft Benning 1998

jrainesjraines Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Was anyone at Ft Benning from June to Aug 1998 and remember the PVT who jumped off of the 30AGBN building?

Comments

• melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no but I was there in 1983 , when a recruit kicked his drill sgt in the balls , and they beat him like a seal for about 40 minutes in the woods. The cries were intense for the first 10 minutes then they were pathetic. The dragged his sorry butt back , and he had nothing to say and could not move. They also recycled him. Those were in the days when Drill Sgts could still beat your butt. [:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    That's about 10 years after I went through there...
    edited November -1
  • SGMBalzSGMBalz Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did my Infantry training in 1973 at Fort Polk Louisiana. Felt like I had just enlisted in the Spartans. No nonsense all the time. Nobody back then would dare hit a drill sergeant, it would be like * slapping "john gotti" at high noon in downtown new york city.[}:)][}:)]
    edited November -1
    Well the poor kid who kicked the Drill Sgt sure payed for that mistake. [:D]

I really didnt like my WW2 or earlier ? Barracks. nor the 26 mile road march ha !