In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GUN JOB / Hollywood Fl

pawnshop954pawnshop954 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2014 in US Military Veteran Forum
Small established GUN / PAWN shop has an opening for a person to sell guns, clean guns, general stock work, learn the pawn side of the business. $10 an hour, no benifits. 30+ hrs a week.

MUST have a Florida Concealed Weapon Permit. MUST CARRY A GUN IN STORE. Be able to get along well with others, no drug / alcohol issues. Basic computer skills needed. We sell on GB too. Some Spanish helpful. Older workers OK.

Bruce 954-843-0324 pawnshop954@gmail.com

Please repost this job opening anywhere qualified people will see it.

Comments

• Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pawnshop954
    Small established GUN / PAWN shop has an opening for a person to sell guns, clean guns, general stock work, learn the pawn side of the business. $10 an hour, no benifits. 30+ hrs a week.

MUST have a Florida Concealed Weapon Permit. MUST CARRY A GUN IN STORE. Be able to get along well with others, no drug / alcohol issues. Basic computer skills needed. We sell on GB too. Some Spanish helpful. Older workers OK.

Bruce 954-843-0324 pawnshop954@gmail.com

Please repost this job opening anywhere qualified people will see it. Pay scale seems extremely low for asking a person to essentially be an armed security agent and put their life at risk to engage an armed threat with similar force. Maybe it's tougher out there than I thought, but $10.00 per hour is ditchdigger's wages as far as I am concerned. But, then, what do I know?
  • twoatacticaltwoatactical Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [/quote]Pay scale seems extremely low for asking a person to essentially be an armed security agent and put their life at risk to engage an armed threat with similar force. Maybe it's tougher out there than I thought, but $10.00 per hour is ditchdigger's wages as far as I am concerned. But, then, what do I know?
    [/quote]

Dude, it may be "ditchdigger's wages" but you ain't digging ditches. You're working in a pawnshop. Ever dug ditches? I have and personally, I'd rather work in a pawn shop. Seems to be less physically taxing. But, then, what do I know?
  • nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would agree to be an armed security dealer, sell guns, do basic smith work, 10 bucks an hour seems low, but guess I dont know the economy out there, but Hollywood florida isnt necessarily a poor area either. But I could probably work at gander mountain not doing armed security and probably make 12-15 with benefits.
  • cwo4commcwo4comm Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    any good sailor knows, "Any port in a storm". If you don't have a job, its a start. Many have made it big after a start.

My first job was only $0.25 per hour(1945)

Many thanks to pawnshop964 for the offer to someone in need of a job.
  • nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cwo4comm
    any good sailor knows, "Any port in a storm". If you don't have a job, its a start. Many have made it big after a start.

My first job was only $0.25 per hour(1945)

Many thanks to pawnshop964 for the offer to someone in need of a job.

I agree somebody that has nothing its a start and you could learn something and either demand more and move on. Back in 1945 houses only sold for 4-5 grand too.

Glad this guy offered a helping hand and maybe somebody took it. Personally Im not packing heat and defending someone elses fort for 10 bucks an hour