In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ted Cruz calls Republicans liars?

JTofSDJTofSD Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
edited March 2014 in Politics
Ted cruz
"In the 13 months I've been in the Senate it has become apparent to me the single thing that Republican politicians hate and fear the most, and that is when they're forced to tell the truth. It makes their heads explode," on radio with host Mark Levin Thursday 2-13-14 "A lot of the Republicans wanted exactly what Barack Obama wanted, exactly what Nancy Pelosi wanted, exactly what Harry Reid wanted, which is to raise the debt ceiling, but they wanted to be able to tell what they view as their foolish, gullible constituents back home they didn't do it."

Do you think the GOP sees us as gullible fools? My rights to keep and bear arms are not foolish nor am I gullible.

I am really getting sick of politicians in both parties treating us this way.

Comments

• wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please tell me your not really surprised by this. It's been going on for decades and the public has no one to blame but themselves. They put these clowns in office, kept them there (incumbents re-elected by better than 90%), and have held no one accountable. What did they expect?
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah Ted Cruz is from the tea party & Texas! Soon to be persecuted by the system for telling the truth about big money (Banking) and The NWO.

Republicans and Democrats with the two party system is a farce and thinking people need not to apply.

serf
  • blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

Yeah Ted Cruz is from the tea party & Texas! Soon to be persecuted by the system for telling the truth about big money (Banking) and The NWO.

Republicans and Democrats with the two party system is a farce and thinking people need not to apply.

serf

Is it true Ted Cruz is a duel citizen Canadian first then an U.S. citizen, I would not be surprised if he was related to the fifties Senator McCarthy some of his acts ring out as Macarthism.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ted Cruz calls Republicans liars?
    Fixed it-
    Ted Cruz calls establishment Republicans liars?
    That is true-
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    I like Cruz. Like his contrariness. But he has no hope with his yelling at the wall and he is the best thing the DEM's have going for them. He divides the REP Party, doesn't care, and if he oontinues with his rants, will assure Hillary four and maybe eight years in the White House. Sad, actually. With his intellect he could unite the REP Party but instead will work to divide it and assure another DEM in the "Big Seat." I hope I am wrong but he is proving me right time and again.
  • Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    I like Cruz. Like his contrariness. But he has no hope with his yelling at the wall and he is the best thing the DEM's have going for them. He divides the REP Party, doesn't care, and if he oontinues with his rants, will assure Hillary four and maybe eight years in the White House. Sad, actually. With his intellect he could unite the REP Party but instead will work to divide it and assure another DEM in the "Big Seat." I hope I am wrong but he is proving me right time and again.

What else has he done to "prove you right"? Please provide specific instances where he has "proven you right". I'm sure this won't be a problem as you clearly have several instances in mind.
    edited November -1

Yeah what does principles have to do with politics anymore!Ronald Reagan along with The Congress started this decline of the dollar with all the debt he accumulated under his administration.

So now we all have 20/20 vision of the past and Both existing political parties are the problem! Free Trade agreements and not building new good paying jobs for future growth for Americans is the problem and Our Congress did it! It's The NWO destroying America's ability to trail Blaze the future as a nation! Believe it or not!

We need a third party the sooner the better! Your party is dead Gary!

serf

http://www.womensgroup.org/95NEWS.html

Also in 1985, the Group of Five (now the Group of Seven) finance ministers (they have been dubbed the "closest thing to a board of directors for the world economy" -WSJ, 9/17/92) met in Washington D.C. where they agreed that the United States should deliberately weaken the dollar relative to other currencies (US News/World Report, 2/16/87). Their reason for doing so was the fact that the dollar was the strongest currency in the world and they wanted to make our products more affordable to foreign countries in order to reduce our trade surplus. In September 1986, Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker said that the dollar had dropped sufficiently against major currencies for the United States to be competitive with goods from abroad. This action signaled to the world that the dollar was "low enough." Between 1985 and September 1986, the dollar plunged 40% against the yen and deutsche mark.

Scene 2: Trade Surplus Changed to Trade Deficit

By 1986 the United States had a trade deficit of $34.7B. How did we go from a surplus to a deficit? In 1982, newly-elected President Reagan said he was going to reduce taxes in America. Between 1982 and 1985, tax brackets were reduced from 50% to 38.5% and then to 28%. Foreign money came rushing into the American economy in search of bargains and greater profits for two reasons: our tax brackets were lower than any of the other industrialized countries, and the dollar was "on sale." Thus foreigners could buy American stocks, bonds, buildings, farms, and corporations for 40% less than the two previous years. Although this created a boom in our stock market as the Dow reached 25 new highs in the first ten trading days of 1987, it also added to the trade deficit as the amount of money coming in exceeded the amount we were exporting.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

How is your ever present (R) party support stance any help to the nations future? For someone as intelligent as you seem to be it is flabbergasting to see you lock step with the very people that put us where we are today.

Gary, there is not one iota of difference between the parties, they are ELITE, why can't you see that? To get to national office in the (D) or (R) party you must sell your very soul to the ELITE, you will toe the line, you will obey or pay the party price.

Is there any chance of anyone ever getting through to you? Please tell me there is so I can continue to TRY and get you to see the light.
  • cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as that nut job claims to represent the Republicans, they will always be in the minority. As previously stated, he is the Democrats dream come true.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cbyerly
    As long as that nut job claims to represent the Republicans, they will always be in the minority. As previously stated, he is the Democrats dream come true.

The smoke and mirrors game is about over for The two party system here so your argument is not valid. Just Embrace The coming NWO from G-20 and The BIS,IMF and you will be fine!

serf

http://www.g20ys.org/next/agenda/

G20Y Summit Committees Agenda

Montreux, Switzerland, September 10-14, 2014

V. Global Financial Reforms - Banking Committee

In the aftermath of the global financial crisis, G20 member States have made considerable headway in global financial reforms aimed at preventing a repeat of the financial crisis but the work appears to be unfinished. The Global Financial Reforms - Banking Committee will discuss:

Priorities to complete banking-related financial reforms;
    How to prevent and manage the failure of globally important banks;
    Approaches to make derivatives markets safer.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Charles Johnson

What else has he done to "prove you right"? Please provide specific instances where he has "proven you right". I'm sure this won't be a problem as you clearly have several instances in mind.

Charles....OK. Here's one. Prove it? Two words....SEN * from DE. Do the research and tell me what you find. Will prove what I am saying about the split in the REP Party. DE had a chance to elect a REP Sen but rather a LIB DEM * got elected due to the Tea Party choosing a idiot candidate to oppose him and * is now a "sockpuppet" for POTUS. The sooner the REP party finds a way to bring RINO's in like you, the better chance they have to elect a non-LIB Hillary. The sooner Cruz learns how to work across his own isle, the closer will be the victory. But he doesn't look like he likes to play in that side of the sandbox, will continue to throw bombs, and Hillary will stroll into the WH. Hope I am wrong.
    edited November -1
    Ok, so you have NO examples of how he "proved you right". That's about what I suspected. More big talk/hot air.

Oh and I'd never consider research suggested by someone who has as tenuous a grip on any facts as do you.
    edited November -1
    Ok, so you have NO examples of how he "proved you right". That's about what I suspected. More big talk/hot air.

Oh and I'd never consider research suggested by someone who has as tenuous a grip on any facts as do you.

Charles.....you ask for examples, I give you one, and you don't check it out but continue to trashtalk. Check it out.....Mike Castle from DE should be a REP Senator but the absurd TeaBaggers in DE supported a weak and marginal candidate (Christine the Possible Witch!)who lost bigtime to *....thereby assuring a LIB DEM for BO and Biden. Check it out or thumb your nose at facts but they are what they are. Pesky things those facts. But what we have come to expect from you....the man of insults but no ideas.
    edited November -1
    Ted Cruz. That's who we're talking about. TED CRUZ keeps "proving you right".

HOW, gary. You got anything?
    edited November -1

Charles.....Cruz is doing a great job in dividing the REP Party with his big mouth, making it much easier for Hillary and the gang to strut into the WH in 2016. His "truth" led to the gov't shutdown and was an absurd losing attempt that blewup in his face. I keep pointing out to folks like you that the only way Hillary is going to be stopped is with a united front against her...and dividing a force in the face of the enemy is stupid. Cruz keeps up with the attack talk on the REP Party to which he belongs, thereby playing into the hands of the LIB DEM's. I want to kick out the LIB's in 2016 and start doing it in 2014. Cruz's ripping of the GOP is not the way to do it IMO....just plays into the hands of the LIB's.....they love it every time he opens his mouth. We are eating our own and that is crazy and one reason why we have lost two national races and on the way to lose another one. Can't you see that[?]
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cruz is an imperfect spokesman, but he is on the right track. The GOP has lost the moral high ground of Constitutionally limited government by the actions of GOP Presidents and Congresses over the past 30+ years.

Like it or not, the party must lighten up on the 'Social Conservatism' and the adventurous militarism of its recent past and become a party that embraces personal liberty and truly smaller and less intrusive government. Neither of these concepts have any basis in Conservatism, nor do they have any Constitutional basis.

Cruz is correct in that the party leadership is talking out of both sides of their mouths, but Cruz himself does not represent where the party needs to be. This can be found to the greatest degree today in Rand Paul.

A principled stance on personal freedom and less intrusive government will appeal to a much wider base than the exclusion-oriented rhetoric of the past decades.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Cruz is an imperfect spokesman, but he is on the right track. The GOP has lost the moral high ground of Constitutionally limited government by the actions of GOP Presidents and Congresses over the past 30+ years.

Like it or not, the party must lighten up on the 'Social Conservatism' and the adventurous militarism of its recent past and become a party that embraces personal liberty and truly smaller and less intrusive government. Neither of these concepts have any basis in Conservatism, nor do they have any Constitutional basis.

Cruz is correct in that the party leadership is talking out of both sides of their mouths, but Cruz himself does not represent where the party needs to be. This can be found to the greatest degree today in Rand Paul.

A principled stance on personal freedom and less intrusive government will appeal to a much wider base than the exclusion-oriented rhetoric of the past decades.

Don.....I think you are right. Almost all Americans are sick and tired of foreign wars so that dog won't hunt much anymore. I notice that Rand Paul is keeping his powder dry and doesn't not join Cruz much in his rants and raves. I have said time and again I could support a Paul ticket of some sort as most of his positions I support...ever now and again he goes off the reservation but for the most part he is what Cruz isn't...measured, calculating and wants (and knows) how to win. Heck, he is even supporting Mitch in KY! He spends less time attacking fellow REP and more time hitting the LIB's and POTUS time and again....which is the way to win IMO. He knows that the way to hit the DEM's hard in 2014 and 2016 is to hit the non Affordable Care Act time and again....that is the prize that is uniting independent and young against POTUS. Even my two family members who voted for BO are mad as H#@$ and are going to pull the switch against every DEM they can find in the next two years as both are caught up in the disaster of ObamaCare. One can't get on through the website even with a navigator and the other is paying out the A@# for lousy new care. Both are females and steaming....and I think they represent a bunch of others who will join them in the next couple of years. Let's keep our eye on the prize.....takes all the DEM's down for their support of Obamacare and just keep focused. We have to unify and stay together to do it and eating our own ain't the way IMO.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Don.....I think you are right. Almost all Americans are sick and tired of foreign wars so that dog won't hunt much anymore. I notice that Rand Paul is keeping his powder dry and doesn't not join Cruz much in his rants and raves. I have said time and again I could support a Paul ticket of some sort as most of his positions I support...ever now and again he goes off the reservation but for the most part he is what Cruz isn't...measured, calculating and wants (and knows) how to win. Heck, he is even supporting Mitch in KY! He spends less time attacking fellow REP and more time hitting the LIB's and POTUS time and again....which is the way to win IMO. He knows that the way to hit the DEM's hard in 2014 and 2016 is to hit the non Affordable Care Act time and again....that is the prize that is uniting independent and young against POTUS. Even my two family members who voted for BO are mad as H#@$ and are going to pull the switch against every DEM they can find in the next two years as both are caught up in the disaster of ObamaCare. One can't get on through the website even with a navigator and the other is paying out the A@# for lousy new care. Both are females and steaming....and I think they represent a bunch of others who will join them in the next couple of years. Let's keep our eye on the prize.....takes all the DEM's down for their support of Obamacare and just keep focused. We have to unify and stay together to do it and eating our own ain't the way IMO.

I don't know if the moral majority and the Hannity brand of neo-cons is ready to give up social side of the ledger, Gary. The concept of leaving marriage definition and abortion rights to the states has been twisted as being pro happy marriage and pro abortion in every election cycle, and the concept of minding our own business militarily has been inaccurately (and successfully) portrayed as isolationist for too long to simply expect correct thinking from those that have invested their entire political lives in the Falwell/Reagan mantra.

I cannot support a big government pseudo-con. It is the wrong path for the country.

I am not confident that big government pseudo-cons will support greater freedom (read less NSA, less emphasis on social issues) and a less offensive DOD. I would think, however, that your two friends would be more inclined to support such a candidate than that which the GOP has offered of late. That is where the party stands to gain.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

I don't know if the moral majority and the Hannity brand of neo-cons is ready to give up social side of the ledger, Gary. The concept of leaving marriage definition and abortion rights to the states has been twisted as being pro happy marriage and pro abortion in every election cycle, and the concept of minding our own business militarily has been inaccurately (and successfully) portrayed as isolationist for too long to simply expect correct thinking from those that have invested their entire political lives in the Falwell/Reagan mantra.

I cannot support a big government pseudo-con. It is the wrong path for the country.

I am not confident that big government pseudo-cons will support greater freedom (read less NSA, less emphasis on social issues) and a less offensive DOD. I would think, however, that your two friends would be more inclined to support such a candidate than that which the GOP has offered of late. That is where the party stands to gain.

Don...so you support Rand Paul? Is that what I am reading between the lines here? Where are you on his possible run? I can tell you that the four folks in my family that voted for BO and the DEM's last time are so sick of what he has done with the ACA that they are going to vote for anyone who is on the other side. All four are family members who have had their lives and their pocketbooks hit hard by POTUS and his ideas....and if my four are any barometer, the DEMS are in BIG trouble....if we don't screw it up. I would actually like to see a strong female candidate on our side to run for a top job to negate Hillary. If we played our cards right we can win big in Nov and take it all in two years....if we can, as Rodney King, said "just all get along." Remains to be seen.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only thing Radical about Ted Cruz. He has a clue about how Government is supposed to work.

We currently have a government machine that has morphed itself into a self serving spending monster with control issues run by corporations.

Tell me during the founding of this country this was the goal in the constitution. (I know lefty's hate that factoid)[:D]
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ted Cruz a dual citizen? Why not?...our leader is from outer space, whats the difference? I'll take Cruz over any Senator in DC!
  • blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Ted Cruz a dual citizen? Why not?...our leader is from outer space, whats the difference? I'll take Cruz over any Senator in DC!

It is true Obama is from outer space, and Jerry Brown is his older same sex brother, both raised on the Red planet by aliens from the close encounter movie.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    The only thing Radical about Ted Cruz. He has a clue about how Government is supposed to work.

We currently have a government machine that has morphed itself into a self serving spending monster with control issues run by corporations.

Tell me during the founding of this country this was the goal in the constitution. (I know lefty's hate that factoid)[:D]

I would disagree...Cruz has NO CLUE either how government works nor how to make it work. His crazy idea shut down the govenment and got conservatives a real black eye in the country. All he does is attack other REP's rather than attacking the real enemies....the LIB and PRO DEM's. Our founders set our system up so folks would have to work with each other to get things done. Like Rand Paul said at CPAC, we should not spend our time attacking each other but rather attack the fools on the left. We should be broadning our party, not eating our own. That is why Cruz will never be a leader in a national party as he has no national view nor how to build anything....he is for just tearing others down....not a positive message nor an inclusive one. Interestingly, that was Christies message also. Cruz is more of a problem than an answer IMO. He just throws red meat to those on the fringe rather than doing the grunt work to help build a national party to defeat Hillary in 2016. Sad, really, as he has lots of skills but playing nice in the sandbox ain't one of them...Rand Paul is much better at it IMO.
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Charles.....Cruz is doing a great job in dividing the REP Party with his big mouth, making it much easier for Hillary and the gang to strut into the WH in 2016. His "truth" led to the gov't shutdown and was an absurd losing attempt that blewup in his face. I keep pointing out to folks like you that the only way Hillary is going to be stopped is with a united front against her...and dividing a force in the face of the enemy is stupid. Cruz keeps up with the attack talk on the REP Party to which he belongs, thereby playing into the hands of the LIB DEM's. I want to kick out the LIB's in 2016 and start doing it in 2014. Cruz's ripping of the GOP is not the way to do it IMO....just plays into the hands of the LIB's.....they love it every time he opens his mouth. We are eating our own and that is crazy and one reason why we have lost two national races and on the way to lose another one. Can't you see that[?]

GARY, would you vote for anyone other than who the party throws at you? When do we change leadership in your opinion, should we wait till republicans control the office, house and Senate? Really curious when the change should happen cause.it sure hasn't helped in the past. They continue to follow the.democrats and then some in my opinion. A republican is a conservative democrat if you ask me. Cruz and Paul are what this party needs. It needs to get back to being what it was.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joker5656

GARY, would you vote for anyone other than who the party throws at you? When do we change leadership in your opinion, should we wait till republicans control the office, house and Senate? Really curious when the change should happen cause.it sure hasn't helped in the past. They continue to follow the.democrats and then some in my opinion. A republican is a conservative democrat if you ask me. Cruz and Paul are what this party needs. It needs to get back to being what it was.

joker5656......I want to beat the DEM's in 2014 and win the POTUS in 2016. Only a national candidate will do that....Paul see that, Cruz does not. I want to WIN....not beat my chest and hope for the best. Yes, I am a conservative BlueDog DEM....and conservative is the operative word. Last time I looked, Cruz is a REP...do you know different? So is Paul. Both are smart guys who know that if one wants to win a national campaign, one needs to run nationally. Sadly, Cruz can't bring himself to broaden the party but instead will attack other REP's at every chance....maybe you like that but it won't win at the national level. He makes LIB DEM's just rub their collective hands in glee when HE attacks fellow REP's. Even you can see how dumb that is. Let's spend our time attacking the real foes....progressive LIB DEM's like BO and the many others rather than our own. Cruz just doesn't get it which is why he can't win anyplace else than Texas. If he could tone it down and find common ground with other REP's like Paul is doing, he might become a national figure rather than a bonethrowing speechmaker (who is good at it, no doubt) but can't win much outside a narrow band of particular REP voters.
    edited November -1

joker5656......I want to beat the DEM's in 2014 and win the POTUS in 2016. Only a national candidate will do that....Paul see that, Cruz does not. I want to WIN....not beat my chest and hope for the best. Yes, I am a conservative BlueDog DEM....and conservative is the operative word. Last time I looked, Cruz is a REP...do you know different? So is Paul. Both are smart guys who know that if one wants to win a national campaign, one needs to run nationally. Sadly, Cruz can't bring himself to broaden the party but instead will attack other REP's at every chance....maybe you like that but it won't win at the national level. He makes LIB DEM's just rub their collective hands in glee when HE attacks fellow REP's. Even you can see how dumb that is. Let's spend our time attacking the real foes....progressive LIB DEM's like BO and the many others rather than our own. Cruz just doesn't get it which is why he can't win anyplace else than Texas. If he could tone it down and find common ground with other REP's like Paul is doing, he might become a national figure rather than a bonethrowing speechmaker (who is good at it, no doubt) but can't win much outside a narrow band of particular REP voters.
    Gary,if you really want to beat out both parties and insert a true conservative,do like me..throw your Repub mail in the trash can...that will get more attention than any asking for a conservative leader...become one yourself,lead by example and toss either party..
    edited November -1

Gary,if you really want to beat out both parties and insert a true conservative,do like me..throw your Repub mail in the trash can...that will get more attention than any asking for a conservative leader...become one yourself,lead by example and toss either party..

pwillie.............I don't get REP mail as I am not a REP! So that is not a problem. As far as me being a leader "...yourself" I have done that several times in the past (and am the leader of a 370 member organization right now) so I am busy with being a leader outside of politics....heck, I was a school board president several years ago...does that count? I want to win in 2014 and get a conservative in the White House in 2016...who are you going to support> Anyone?
  • DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you ever found a politician that didn't lie? Every last one of them are self serving thieves.
    edited November -1

pwillie.............I don't get REP mail as I am not a REP! So that is not a problem. As far as me being a leader "...yourself" I have done that several times in the past (and am the leader of a 370 member organization right now) so I am busy with being a leader outside of politics....heck, I was a school board president several years ago...does that count? I want to win in 2014 and get a conservative in the White House in 2016...who are you going to support> Anyone?
    Gary,you a closet Libertarian?