In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

So who will Trump choose as Vice President

CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Politics
Palin or Christie are obvious.... To obvious. Christie as Attorney General and Policy in the EPA would be my guess. But who for Vice President?

Rudy Gulliani?
Lt General Michael Flynn?
Get real Stanley McChrystal?
Petraeus?

Would Trump chose a sitting US Senator or Congressman ? I don't think so. The RNC hates him too much. He doesn't need a governor to garner a state. I look for someone military who knows Washington politics but was kicked out by the establishment.

I think he will keep Rudy as a close advisor.

Choosing military experience offers him legitimacy, knowledge and still a Washington outsider who was rejected.

Comments

• pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it would be a coup if he would get Allen West to be VP
  • NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd second Allen West. Petraeus is right out after his conviction. Same with McChrystal after the hoopla.

Palin won't happen, in my opinion. Too too controversial. She's better as a mouthpiece anyway.

Kasich or even Rubio might be my guess. Trump said he wants (and I believe he needs) a politician as VP. That eliminates the Generals.

I disagree that "he doesn't need a Governor to garner a state". He needs states. And he could definitely use help. Kasich could get him the Midwest.

We'll see. Interesting viewpoint!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    TOM SELLECK. Now that would be cool to have a cowboy back in the white house.I would campaign for that ticket.
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm guessing Hillary or Sanders since the guy isn't actually a conservative.
  • drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    Specifically, Trump says he needs someone very political that can expedite legislation and "get it through" the house and senate. I think Paul Ryan will be valuable right where he is as Speaker. Allen West has only 2 years experience and was considered a controversial loose cannon. That is why he lost his bid for reelection. He served from 2011-2013. His retirement from the Army was involuntary and punitive. Although a black congressman from Florida would have many benefits, I don't think even Donald would consider him. Seems very probable it will be a senator or congressman.
  • minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drl50
    Specifically, Trump says he needs someone very political that can expedite legislation and "get it through" the house and senate. I think Paul Ryan will be valuable right where he is as Speaker. Allen West has only 2 years experience and was considered a controversial loose cannon. That is why he lost his bid for reelection. He served from 2011-2013. His retirement from the Army was involuntary and punitive. Although a black congressman from Florida would have many benefits, I don't think even Donald would consider him. Seems very probable it will be a senator or congressman.

Uuuum, Allen West had his district gerrymandered out from underhim, from mostly republican to an innercity democratic one. The guy who won that one was a multimillionare uberliberal white guy.

I don't really consider pointing a gun at a prisoner a bad thing.
  • mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If Trump is elected I think there are going to be a lot of people very disappointed that he won't be able to do all the things he's promising he will do.

It's not a dictatorship, as much as he acts like it is. People expecting a radical change or a totally different country--that just isn't happening. Even the best presidents only manage to nudge the country in a slightly new direction.

Sorry, but no way in Hades will I vote for him if he picks Palin as VP. Just isn't happening. Once again I'll sigh and vote libertarian.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is just a lot of rx military with limited political ties but also know how Washington works. Sure thereal military has its own politics, but these guys will be seen as outsiders, add military strength to the organization, and be seen as keen managers.

I think the choice will be military.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    edited November -1
    I hope President Trump picks Sarah,,[^][^][^][^][^]
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I say Allen West....military background, political background, a minority and him being from Florida would help with electorial votes too. I don't see how he could pick better, politically speaking. [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the sins of General Petraeus are not a liability went up against Hillary Rodham Clinton. he pleaded guilty and took the punishment.he is by no means a liability when running against the Clintons.
  • hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He needs Kasich on his side (at least til after the vote in Ohio). Ohio could determine who is POTUS.

He needs Allen West or a Military leader (Active or retired).
  • mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by mlincoln
    If Trump is elected I think there are going to be a lot of people very disappointed that he won't be able to do all the things he's promising he will do.

It's not a dictatorship, as much as he acts like it is. People expecting a radical change or a totally different country--that just isn't happening. Even the best presidents only manage to nudge the country in a slightly new direction.

Sorry, but no way in Hades will I vote for him if he picks Palin as VP. Just isn't happening. Once again I'll sigh and vote libertarian.

NO politician has ever kept all their campaign promises so nothing new there.

"It's not a dictatorship, as much as he acts like it is. People expecting a radical change or a totally different country--that just isn't happening."

Don't be so confident ......... just look at what a mess oblabber has made of everything.
    [}:)]

I'd approve of a BIG BIG swing in the other direction.
    [^]

You make a good point!
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Joe Liberman
    RLTW

• ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No way he picks Palin for anything more than a campaign mouthpiece. I bet he picks Krispy Kreme or Carson. I'm surprised he hasn't made fun of Kasich's * tics.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kasich would be a choice and like Trump capable of playing to a majority versus way left or right.

While some say since it is not a dictatorship he won't be able to accomplish what he promises I tend to hope differently and since he has the will of the people behind him and he knows how to use the media he can make a fire storm for the legislators who stand in the way of accomplishing great things for America.

He can save his military choices for Secretary of Defense.

Trump delegates, it's what he does, if you fail he replaces you.

Not a bad way to run a business or a country.

And as far as his history I would expect nothing less of him. To have filed bankruptcy and use the law to his advantage was as correct as not paying more taxes then you have to.

I am willing to see what the guy can do and I think regardless of the pundits he will beat the pants off Hillary.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So you Trump supporters would you vote for him if he chooses Kasich knowing Kasich voted for the 1994 gun ban...besides the fact Trump has publicly stated he was for gun control (before running for POTUS)? Sorry but Trump is a typical NYC Republicrat that is just like Bloomberg & Senator King. California gun owners thought Arnold Schwarzenegger was pro gun too which he turned out not to be. I know you cannot be one issue voters but the 2nd Amendment is in grave danger of being axed if we get more liberal SCOTUS Justices and or we loose the House & Senate. I don't trust Trump to put a real conservative in the SC. He's all about dealing. I'm sick of deals with Liberals because we always get the short end of the stick when we do.
  • beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mlincoln

If he would just nullify all of Obammy's executive orders, I'd be happy.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Carly Fiorina...takes some of the wind out of Hillary's sails. Plus Fiorina would be like a pit bull. She's also an outsider.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The two "outsiders" may not have the political acumen to handle Washington but she would surely take some of the I gotta vote for a woman away from Hillary.

Honestly though if the Democrats stay disinterested in this race and the blacks stay home the GOP should be able to run Huey Duey and Louie and win.

quote:Originally posted by ltcdoty
    Carly Fiorina...takes some of the wind out of Hillary's sails. Plus Fiorina would be like a pit bull. She's also an outsider.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that is what they are going to be looking for on the next Apprentice
    Your fired
  • TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The man from New York will likely
    need a pick from the South, Texas or
    the left coast.

Rick Perry ??
    Bobby Jindal ??
    edited November -1
    She said she would never run cause she has too many skeletons in her closet. But she would really improve my chances of voting for trump if she was his VP.
    Condi_rice.jpg
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would love to see Dr. Carson as VP. That would not only garner the black vote, but and this is a huge but, It would give us, the citizens of the united states, a great man of compassion, reason, humility, class to a fault and someone we could all trust to keep Trump somewhat level headed. I would also love to see a military guy in that post too. We need to strengthen our military and secure our borders without too much interference. I think Trump is going to have a harder time in Washington, then he realizes. You just can't wish stuff to happen. You need a strong, dedicated cabinet with great minds and stable thinking. This is the one thing I don't like about Trump, he is not a rational thinker, in my opinion. We will NEVER, EVER,see another Ronald Reagan.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grumpy, I have to Concur with you on Rice. She would be great also. Donna Rice wasn't bad either[:p][:X][:D]
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ltcdoty

Yea, but he said he wants an insider,,but Fiorina REALLY hates the Swill, and I love her for that.[:)]
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope it's someone more obnoxious than he is, but I'm having a hard time thinking of anybody....

Rosie O'Donnell? Rush Limbaugh? Howard Stern? Bill Maher?
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Carson would be a good choice in my opinion
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cce1302
    I hope it's someone more obnoxious than he is, but I'm having a hard time thinking of anybody....

Look at my choice then read up on her ps not Condie the other one with two guns on.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    quote:Originally posted by cce1302

Look at my choice then read up on her ps not Condie the other one with two guns on.

Is she obnoxious, too? I'm not voting for him no matter who he chooses.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad
    it would be a coup if he would get Allen West to be VP

Why would Allen West choose to go with Trump? Their political beliefs are completely incompatible. If West sacrificed his principles to be on a ticket with Trump then he is not the man he has portrayed himself to be.

My guess is he'd pick someone from the DC establishment that will help him navigate the politics of DC.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Howdy Doody would be appropriate.
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would he want one. He is going to hire really smart people, that would be enough.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Bernie Sanders.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rice could not pass the vetting process. I also wonder how many of the people currently in office could pass the vetting especially if the included the democraps.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CLINT EASTWOOD
    Abort Cuomo