In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is this what our county has come to?

Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
edited June 2014 in Politics
We let members of our military rot in foreign prisons with out so much as lifting a finger in protest?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/jailed-marine-andrew-tahmooressi-talks-about-brutal-treatment-tijuana-cell

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In simple terms. Yes.
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An absolute disgrace.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    The media are not reporting it and his skin tone is not dark enough for the President to care.
  • MadjackMadjack Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really wish you guys would quit calling the "a-hole" a president. He's our self-anointed dictator. I always try to call 'em like I see 'em, and owebama does not deserve the respect of the office.
  • llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's the obidiots way of further shrinking the military.
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Madjack
    I really wish you guys would quit calling the "a-hole" a president. He's our self-anointed dictator. I always try to call 'em like I see 'em, and owebama does not deserve the respect of the office.

The Black Caligula
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    I think the public pressure has forced the Mexicans to move him to a better prison....I listened to the guy last night talk about how much better he now has it compared to the situation he was previously in. I would like to think that our leaders are working behind the scenes to get him out as by doing so it could make POTUS look a bit better than he looks with the "other" deal. But who know with the "gang that can't shoot straight" making the decisions in DC. But if I had to bet I would think the guy will be home by the end of this month....somehow we have to create a situation where the Mexicans can save some face and we get the guy home....wonder if POTUS can figure that out[?][;)]
    edited November -1
    Let me have a division of infantry & some armor and I could get him back tomorrow. Just drive south with a scorched earth policy & stop outside Mexico City. Give the crooks in power 5 mins to give him up. This is something that's been needed for along time. Mexico has been a thorn in our side for a century. Never been an allie, and always allowed spies to use our porous border to gain Intel. Hell, they still teach they're kids that we "STOLE" the southwest from them & one day they intend to take it back. Nothing more than the next door neighbor from hell!
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ever notice how all the messicans here open resturants with imitation messican menu...(every little pothole town here has at least one or two)mostly a cash business..i would guess that all show maybe only a few dollars taxable above expenses....duhh...but then this is not politically correct and I should have a rosier opinion
    edited November -1
    It saddens me that we allow the crooks, thieves, and gang members to do as they please with no repercussions. I know several "older" ex-Mexicans and they hate these deadbeats as much as I do. They came here to be Americans, not hyphenated jerks. They put the time & effort in, abided by immigration laws, and learned the language. Most won't even allow Mexican to be spoken in their homes & their kids grew up just as we did. Call me a racist or whatever floats your boat, but these are the kinds of people we need. Not La Reza nincompoops who promote tax evasion, criminal alien invasion, & the like.
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Marine's mother has a petition up and all you need is 10,000 signatures, she's for over 100,000 and Obama is still blowing her off.

http://www.mrconservative.com/2014/06/43950-obama-blows-off-jailed-marines-mother/
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we can not borrow enough money to give all the freebies to the indigent criminals ILLEGALLY swamping this country...cannot afford welfare to the world