In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

OK say the government says turn them in..........

guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in Politics
What will be the first free state that says no way, not here.

I vote Wyoming.

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    There are no "free states".
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The states aren't going to say it,, The people are !
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    History has shown us that the Federal Government will use the supremacy clause when they believe it important. While there is a possibility of a number of Sanctuary States regarding the 2nd Amendment, our most populous states will willingly comply.

As with most things, this freedom will come down the reaction of individuals.

Most will comply with the order. Many have a lot to lose, and would not want to jeopardize their future over an AR-15 or 30 round magazine.

Many will resist by not complying, but by forcing the state to issue a warrant and come and get them. The majority of these people will comply with a lawfully served warrant. Some of these will fight the court battle. These people will lose a great deal of their wealth in pursuing the fight, but are probably the best chance we have a reversing the law. (It is instructive to note that many of these folks have firearms that cannot be traced to them, and will have those firearms off-site and therefore protected from the search.)

There will be a small number who will resist and deny access to their property, even when served a warrant. These folks serve a valuable purpose in that they will give the governing legal authorities something to think about. While many will say 'my life is not worth an AR-15', they often miss the point that it works both ways. The threat of armed resistance will hopefully cause many in the law enforcement community to seriously consider whether their life or health is less important than the confiscation of a firearm or two.

I will be in the 2nd or 3rd camp. If they want them, they will have to come and get them. Am unsure at the moment whether the hands from which they take them will be cold. The longer it is in coming, of course, the less I will have to lose.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

There will be a small number who will resist and deny access to their property, even when served a warrant. These folks serve a valuable purpose in that they will give the governing legal authorities something to think about. While many will say 'my life is not worth an AR-15', they often miss the point that it works both ways. The threat of armed resistance will hopefully cause many in the law enforcement community to seriously consider whether their life or health is less important than the confiscation of a firearm or two.

I will be in the 2nd or 3rd camp. If they want them, they will have to come and get them. Am unsure at the moment whether the hands from which they take them will be cold. The longer it is in coming, of course, the less I will have to lose.

Either of these two groups of people once identified will be isolated, one at a time. A case will be built to give the public perception that these individuals have mental illness or criminal intent to cause violence there by justifying them being singled out and violence used to disarm them. They'll just do it one at a time.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

Either of these two groups of people once identified will be isolated, one at a time. A case will be built to give the public perception that these individuals have mental illness or criminal intent to cause violence there by justifying them being singled out and violence used to disarm them. They'll just do it one at a time.

It will be much easier to label Group 3 as you suggest. As more and more in Group 2 are brought in, the public will see that they are as normal as anyone, and hopefully will begin to see how wrong the policy is. The hard left will never be convinced, but that is a small part of the population. The SAF and GOA will, with the help of donations from these people, launch a robust legal challenge to the law(s). At some point, there will be a SCOTUS decision that, again hopefully, will overturn the blank check Scalia wrote to governments regarding regulation of firearms.

Brad Steele
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:quote:
    Originally posted by Don McManus

this is why I fully intend to stream it live in the event it happens, I know they can block the signal but I will make them work for it and if it last long enough, maybe news crews will show up to record what I cant. I know yall think I'm kidding but call my wife,,I have already made arrangements in case...
  • mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

Well said, both of you.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know one thing I am not going to wait for some agency to come to my house and take stuff.

I will go on the offensive.

I am sure there will be an underground support element of some type.

Take the fight to the agency.

But the bottomline is when the park a Platoon Bradley fighting vehicles or Strykers at the end of your neighborhood it is over.
    RLTW

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The shame is many will refuse but then will not be able to enjoy them.

Buried or hidden they are no longer fun to shoot.

Americans who broke no laws and caused no harm will lose millions of dollars in value of their firearms.

And after Ar's and Hi cap mags so goes the way of other countries and shotguns with pump actions, hi cap pistols etc it will all be gone.

Hopefully i will be long since dead
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe the U.S. is full of sheep, some might say NO but most...
    garrison_wolves_sheep.JPG

Molon Labe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x-xZlbasxE
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    I know one thing I am not going to wait for some agency to come to my house and take stuff.

But the bottomline is when the park a Platoon Bradley fighting vehicles or Strykers at the end of your neighborhood it is over.

This is why it is the patriotic duty of every American to own .50 BMG AP and/or API rounds and platform from which to accurately shoot them.

Brad Steele
  • rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1
    after the first one, the rest are

FREE
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I told my wife, If they do come, I will not go out peacefully. Firearms are my passion and I have never committed a crime. I will not become a slave to our government or the liberals. Bring lots of body bags and bibles, your gonna need them. I refuse to spend what time I have left, sitting on my *, watching as the liberals control our lives, Period.
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    They'll never go door to door. They know that when neighbors see their neighbors being slaughtered by the government, it will not be in their best interest as resistance will grow exponentially.

They've actually been confiscating for quite some time through perception. Just like they've done with cigarettes, samesexuality, religion etc. So while the majority are focusing on a physical contingency plan, the real method is being implemented right under our noses and we don't even realize it.
  • hunter86004hunter86004 Member Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This whole thing kinda reminds me of when a couple legislators here in Arizona wanted that crazy bullet ID thing where the bullet would be laser engraved.

At that time I spoke with several LEOs I know well and they pretty much just laughed about the possibility of getting a search warrant from any judge based on the mere suspicion that someone was in possession of non engraved bullets.

I don't know what anyone is talking about that the guys with the badges are coming for, but if something is banned by the feds and not the state, it will have to be the feds coming and not the state LEOs. Just ask Sheriff Joe what happens when local LEOs attempt to enforce federal law.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Almost all law enforcement in my state are gun gurus. Every active and retired LEO and a lot of national guard members I know have at least one AR type rife. Most have several. They are NOT going to be cooperative. Even one at a time the manpower needed by the feds would make it very difficult.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    History has shown us that the Federal Government will use the supremacy clause when they believe it important. While there is a possibility of a number of Sanctuary States regarding the 2nd Amendment, our most populous states will willingly comply.

Most will comply with the order. Many have a lot to lose, and would not want to jeopardize their future over an AR-15 or 30 round magazine.

Many will resist by not complying, but by forcing the state to issue a warrant and come and get them. The majority of these people will comply with a lawfully served warrant. Some of these will fight the court battle. These people will lose a great deal of their wealth in pursuing the fight, but are probably the best chance we have a reversing the law. (It is instructive to note that many of these folks have firearms that cannot be traced to them, and will have those firearms off-site and therefore protected from the search.)

Well said!
    edited November -1

This is why it is the patriotic duty of every American to own .50 BMG AP and/or API rounds
    Been dragging my feet on this, always something else needing money spent on it. I was just now looking on the auction, and I sent a seller a question. By morning there will be some on the way. Maybe only 30-40 rounds, but that's way better than nothing.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Was asked at work if the New Proposal for Oregon becomes law how will they know you have them.

Even if what I think they do with Background Check info is not true, and that is hold on to it.

How will you ever be able to fire these guns again. Even if you do go somewhere out in the woods what if somebody reports you, For sure you can never go to a public range again. What I have I got so that I can shoot them not sit hidden in my safe.
  • 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Turn them in"? We have done nothing wrong. Will the Govt. use a "message of necessity" like King Cuomo. Registration is a short step to Confiscation. Do you really think King Cuomo got them all?

The things they teach in War College now are frightening but I have reason to believe that boots on the ground will stand down.

What is frightening are planes, tanks, apc's, drone's. What is even more frightening is millions of riflemen behind every blade of grass, many, many of them are Expert Riflemen.

And lastly the most frightening of all is wondering if I am on the right side and does the next round have my name on it!

Yes, I believe I am on the right side and I am an old man, so please don't piss me off.
    edited November -1
    In 1989 I drove across North America. Stopped at small gun shop in Tok, Alaska. Was looking at a pistol and owner came over and asked if he could help me. Told him I was really a rifleman and not a pistol person but wondered what procedure was for getting permit in Tok. He looked me dead in the eye and said "Son you must be from the lower 48, we are still FREE up here." Most profound thing anyone ever said to me in my life. The only time the hair has ever stood straight up on my arms.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A good memory, long range shooting, a razor, or pipe could work wonders.
    What's next?
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Full auto machine guns were basicly outlawed in the '30's unless registered. No one knows how many unregistered ones are still out there. Firing one in the wrong place could end up with you in jail with the gun confiscated. I am personaly aware of the existance of a couple. Have long forgotten the names of the owners. I pray that it will never go this far with semi auto's. My wife keeps telling me not to worry because they don't want my guns and are not coming for them . I pray that when they start actually coming after them people like her will be behind us and help stop it. I almost hope I am not around yet if this whole country ever goes totaly south. One senerio is that the government will fail before they start trying to take them and those of us with arms and ammo will suddenly be friends and saviors to former liberals who are unarmed and helpless after total failure of their government.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Those living in northern states and urban areas like NYC, Boston, Buffalo etc will be in serious trouble. In the south the Feds would have to use the military because they will get far less cooperation from local law enforcement. Based on the attitude I see from my "northern brothers in blue" they would have no problem conspiring to disarm the population, but in the south and mid-west most cops and sheriff's deputies are part of the population the government would be wishing to disarm. There would be a walk out off the job, if not organized armed resistance from rural LE personnel against fed government disarming.

Connecticut tried this already and the population has refused to comply. They called CTs bluff, has CT seized the first unregistered AR-15? Remember the state police threatened, but has yet to follow through on enforcing their AWB.
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slumlord44
    Full auto machine guns were basicly outlawed in the '30's unless registered. No one knows how many unregistered ones are still out there. Firing one in the wrong place could end up with you in jail with the gun confiscated. I am personaly aware of the existance of a couple. Have long forgotten the names of the owners. I pray that it will never go this far with semi auto's. My wife keeps telling me not to worry because they don't want my guns and are not coming for them . I pray that when they start actually coming after them people like her will be behind us and help stop it. I almost hope I am not around yet if this whole country ever goes totaly south. One senerio is that the government will fail before they start trying to take them and those of us with arms and ammo will suddenly be friends and saviors to former liberals who are unarmed and helpless after total failure of their government.

I hope "those of us with arms and ammo" remember the position of the "former liberals" during this time.

It is important to choose your friends correctly.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

This is why it is the patriotic duty of every American to own .50 BMG AP and/or API rounds and platform from which to accurately shoot them.

You may get a few shots but when they turn that 25mm Bushmaster loose it will be all over.

Its better not to be around when they arrive and try to take them out when they leave and are not as cautious or alert.

Even then with thermal sights and drones its going to be tough avoiding them.
    RLTW

• woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    Most people, unless they have been to a war zone, have no real concept of what the military can destroy. As someone has said, if you see the big guns in your neighborhood, it's all over for you. I fear the fascists as much or more than liberals. Makes me glad to be old and white.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshermit
    Most people, unless they have been to a war zone, have no real concept of what the military can destroy. As someone has said, if you see the big guns in your neighborhood, it's all over for you. I fear the fascists as much or more than liberals. Makes me glad to be old and white.
    Yep, this is true.

Just before Westmoreland took off for Presidio I watched a Combined Arms Demonstration outside the Point. There were APC's, 155mm's, three tanks, mortar, wire guided missiles , and a few fighters thrown in from Stewart AFB.

I did not realize that tankers could swing those turrets that quick or that you could load a 155mm that fast. On top of that weaponry and armor have improved leaps and bounds since those days.

I found it amazing that the Air Force and US Army could reduce dummy targets and the side of a mountain to rubble in a matter of minutes.

Guess one could say don't become a target and avoid impact zone if at all possible. Guerrilla Warfare comes to mind.
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 4205raymond
    quote:Originally posted by woodshermit
    Yep, this is true.

Just before Westmoreland took off for Presidio I watched a Combined Arms Demonstration outside the Point. There were APC's, 155mm's, three tanks, mortar, wire guided missiles , and a few fighters thrown in from Stewart AFB.

I did not realize that tankers could swing those turrets that quick or that you could load a 155mm that fast. On top of that weaponry and armor have improved leaps and bounds since those days.

I found it amazing that the Air Force and US Army could reduce dummy targets and the side of a mountain to rubble in a matter of minutes.

Guess one could say don't become a target and avoid impact zone if at all possible. Guerrilla Warfare comes to mind.

It was called a "mad minute," when a combined force was brought to bear, in order to show us what could be levied against those threatening us, if needed. A10's were in the mix also.

Yes, it was/is Very impressive.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    New Hampshire gets my vote.
    "What is truth?'
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to the constitution they can't use the military in country. Of course once the second ammendment falls, the constitution may no longer apply. Local police don't have anthing better than an AR with the exception of some full auto stuff. They are less accrate on full auto than an AR and most cops are not very good shots. I don't think my local law enfrocement has the will to go after locals guns.
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you see the A 10s come zooming in it is all over but the burying
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Turn what in?

yeah don't give em any ideas we got stuff................
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it will not end well I know I will loose but I will be protesting as long as I can and with luck show up at the gates ( most likely not the pearly ones [:(] ) with several + witnesses to the fight with me [}:)][}:)]
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in Utah I don't think it will happen for at least three or four generations...
  • WyattEarp45WyattEarp45 Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    These states will not go gently into the night.....they will rage, RAGE against the dying of the light.......Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Vermont, The Dakotas, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado. Hey, isn't that 13 states? But, that's all it will take to defeat the repeal of the 2A. Looks like the anti-Constitutionalists are in for a battle? Mr Hogg, please take your bare-headed wanna be woman friend and get yourselves back to school.
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You're correct. I'm receiving military retirement and social security. I'm getting too old to go out and start a new career. If and when this occurs, I'll have to decide whether keeping my firearm is worth losing my source of income. It sucks when they have you bent over a barrel.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "It" when the time comes will be like said by Sam06, when they turn that 25mm Bushmaster loose it will be all over.

Perhaps by that time, and already you are able to obtain night vision and drones. The 50, maybe a 20mm, but aerial from the Drone is KING. But the Fed has the Tech. But do they have the Soldiers with the will to fire on every house they will have to pass? They do practice with live ordnance.

When that time comes "It" will be by the division of the Armed Forces, or the Armed Forces will have to protect the citizens from the Federal Government.

With the integration of all services now linked up together using the same intelligence it will be hard to now divide the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, to do the bidding of a tyrannical government. So now there will be decisions to either divide and face each other by installation or band together to enforce the Constitution?

A lot of serious thought has been said on this thread. I have to agree that the western most states have the chance to be clear of the fight for either independent areas or combined areas of Government. But when the Fracture Between The States happens, the Russians or Chinese will be eating dinner with you. Who are you going to call? Independent individual States, Wyoming fighting for itself? How many fighting age Soldiers are you going to realistically get to band together to fight any foreign threat much less Montana?

Seriously, Divided We Fall, United We Stand. Once the confiscation starts to happen, that will be the sign that either we Band Together and send Help to the First confrontation or our ability to defend will be seriously jeopardized.

What our Federal Government needs to focus on is either asteroids or aliens, Atomic Weapons. How come the Fed is not digging deep to protect the population not just themselves?

Well ok, the Russians, the Chinese, The North Koreans, Fiji Islands, I mean they are sending their water here now to mind control the U.S..