In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

the day after tomorrow

casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Politics
Things to ponder......the day after tomorrow.

Let's say Trump increases his lead in delegates.

Should either Cruz or Rubio drop out? It would not change any delegates already decided, at least for the first round in the convention. Would a brokered convention be bad?

It is been said that the President election could cost a campaign as much as $1 Billion. Could/would Trump self fund? Would he accept or expect the Republican part to participate. Would this not be the special interest money that he is free of that enamors his supporters.

I cannot see any way that Trump would accept support from a liar like Cruz or a light weight like Rubio. But does he really expect the supports of the liar or light weight to fall in line?

He is counting on the EXACT same tactic as the establishment Republicans when they offer up a moderate candidate, opposition to Democrats.

One would be hard put to find a more rabid anti-Democrat than me. But if Trump wins the nomination I will sit this one out on the Presidential ballot.

I don't see much difference between Trump and Clinton on women's health care and support for Planned Parenthood, or Trump and Sanders on single payer health care. Trumps health care plan that 'you will like a lot, you will get tired of liking it so much you will get sick of liking it and want to use it' or something like that, hellof a plan.

Could it possibly be better with an opposition (if they really would) party controlling Congress?

I am completely fed up with Trumps trite personal attacks. Does he actually challenge the others on their policy proposals and how his would be different, no. Insults get him farther with his supports than an actual plan. To have a plan would require having a clue.

I only see one LIAR in the race and that is TRUMP.

Comments

• Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947
    Things to ponder......the day after tomorrow.

Let's say Trump increases his lead in delegates.

Should either Cruz or Rubio drop out? It would not change any delegates already decided, at least for the first round in the convention. Would a brokered convention be bad?

It is been said that the President election could cost a campaign as much as $1 Billion. Could/would Trump self fund? Would he accept or expect the Republican part to participate. Would this not be the special interest money that he is free of that enamors his supporters.

I cannot see any way that Trump would accept support from a liar like Cruz or a light weight like Rubio. But does he really expect the supports of the liar or light weight to fall in line?

He is counting on the EXACT same tactic as the establishment Republicans when they offer up a moderate candidate, opposition to Democrats.

One would be hard put to find a more rabid anti-Democrat than me. But if Trump wins the nomination I will sit this one out on the Presidential ballot.

I don't see much difference between Trump and Clinton on women's health care and support for Planned Parenthood, or Trump and Sanders on single payer health care. Trumps health care plan that 'you will like a lot, you will get tired of liking it so much you will get sick of liking it and want to use it' or something like that, hellof a plan.

Could it possibly be better with an opposition (if they really would) party controlling Congress?

I am completely fed up with Trumps trite personal attacks. Does he actually challenge the others on their policy proposals and how his would be different, no. Insults get him farther with his supports than an actual plan. To have a plan would require having a clue.

I only see one LIAR in the race and that is TRUMP.

You forgot about the "Klan"!...and you believe the rest of them?[:o)]
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trumps answer should have been......they are endorsing me, I am not endorsing them.

I have followed Cruz's ENTIRE 4 year political career and he has done (or at least tried) to do everything he said he would do. He has taken on the establishment head on. He has called their BS out on the floor of the Senate. None of the other candidates have done that.

If you want a committed conservative, don't pick a wantabe from the donor class. If you want Obama-light then Trump is your man.
  • Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Casper. Are you off your meds again?[:D]