In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trump back pedals on Global Warming

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Politics
Another campaign promise broken by Trump again! He is surely a huckster when coming to getting elected.

serf

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-idUSKBN13H1DZ

Trump told the New York Times in an interview that he thinks there is "some connectivity" between human activity and global warming, despite previously describing climate change as a hoax.

A source on Trump's transition team told Reuters earlier this month that the New York businessman was seeking quick ways to withdraw the United States from the 2015 Paris Agreement to combat climate change.

But asked on Tuesday whether the United States would withdraw from the accord, the Republican said: "I'm looking at it very closely. I have an open mind to it."

Comments

• droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll wait until he becomes President and watch what Trump does. Until then, if no picture and/or no recording, it didn't happen.

The lying is getting worse, much worse, which is good because the people aware of "fake news" and biased reporting will become more adamant about their views. CNN is losing all credibility. CNN is crashing and even (hard to believe) MSNBC ratings are higher.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Reuter's article was based on a Tweet from the NY Times. That is not what Trump said, it is what the NY Times said.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    so many of the "programs" we are enmeshed in need to be canceled because they are nothing more than a money drain on the USA
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To some extent you are grabbing at straws however there is some connection between humans and Global warming. That doesn't mean Trump is in favor of the Government plans to collect taxes off of the problem. Nor does it mean that he believes the government can fix the problem. Nor does it mean that he believes the warming is a bad thing.
    The law of cause and effect dictates that anything that happens effects everything else to some degree. The idea that the government can fix it is laughable. We would be better off to hire a Apache rain dancer. What the government wants is a carbon tax. In short they want more money. Why does Trump intend to re open the coal industry??? HUH?
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    SO far Trump is shaping up like every other president. Runs on the Right's ticket then once elected moves to the Center, maybe the left.

Its right in front of your faces so face it for what it is.
    edited November -1
    Barz. You know what??? I'm glad we got him.
    edited November -1
    Barz.
    Welcome back to America.
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

He is keeping his name in the news. Often he has said one thing and it's been 'interpeted' as something totally different.

I think he enjoys making the media look like fools...that is the fools they are.

[8D]

Trump has somehow created an ARMY of Trolls that are keeping him in the news while making them and their targets look like complete idiots.