In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bass Pro Supports Andrew Cuomo

iron jockeyiron jockey Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
edited August 2015 in Politics
Yesterday, August 20th, the Bass Pro store in Utica, NY allowed Cuomo to enter and use their facility for a photo op. It is hard to believe a store that sells firearms and who has a customer base that are primarily gun owners would support this man. Please take a moment and e-mail Bass Pro at: basspro@mailmw.custhelp.com Tell them what you think of their support of a tyrannical arch enemy of the Second Amendment. Many people in New York State are requesting that they issue a national statement condemning Cuomo and his unconstitutional gun laws.

Comments

• pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this could put them out of business
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    NY State residents.......stand up! Boycott Them.
  • AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Checked the news and couldn't find anything about it. As soon as I see it in the news I'll email Bass Pro.
  • iron jockeyiron jockey Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have copies of the photos. Don't know how to post them. If someone wanted to post them, I can e-mail the copies. I e-mailed Woody but have not heard back from him.
    edited November -1
    If anyone wants to see the photos of Cuomo at Bass Pro, they can be viewed on his twitter account: @NYGovCuomo You have to scroll down a little to see them as they were posted yesterday and he puts out a lot of propaganda. People here cannot believe Bass Pro let him do this after what he has done to the gun owners of New York State----and thought he was going to do to the country as President.
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    He's just trying to keep a low profile and not get mixed in with those carpetbaggers Biden, Warren & Barney that are hovering waiting for Hitlary to go over the edge. Then he can jump in and rescue the election for DemRats.
  • captnobodycaptnobody Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the way I read the twitter they didn't invite him. He just showed up he is trying to promote the bassmaster tourments in Ny
    edited November -1
    Ray-- around here, the signs are all pointing to him being Federally indicted very shortly for direct involvement in--- wait for it ---hindering a State Government corruption investigation. You can't make this crap up. He is despised and hated by sportsmen and gun owners more than any politician in the history of the state. They are waiting to break out champagne on the day he is charged.
  • dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No more Bass Pro.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it will take a concerted publicity event to cause him any negative....he is one of the teflon dons
  • 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I understand it the Utica area was one of the hold outs for signing a resolution against the Unsafe Act of 2013. Utica college libtards and city fathers.Cuomo did some stumping here and Buffalo for his 2nd term. If this is all true I am finished with BassPro forever.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iron jockey
    Ray-- around here, the signs are all pointing to him being Federally indicted very shortly for direct involvement in--- wait for it ---hindering a State Government corruption investigation. You can't make this crap up. He is despised and hated by sportsmen and gun owners more than any politician in the history of the state. They are waiting to break out champagne on the day he is charged.
    more than any politician in the history of the USA.
    edited November -1
    Checked out his twitter page and you're right about the pictures at Bass Pro. The problem is, he was there just like anyone else can go there and put pictures up on twitter. It's not as if he was invited by Bass Pro, and they can't just kick him out for no reason either.
    edited November -1
    "The problem is, he was there just like anyone else can go there and put pictures up on twitter. It's not as if he was invited by Bass Pro, and they can't just kick him out for no reason either."

This is really not correct. Since the SAFE Act was forced thru by Cuomo in secret during midnight hours, he has gone to great lengths to avoid contact and criticism by the gun owning public. He will not make announcements of appearances in the upstate area without much more than a few hours lead time notice. No opposition or demonstrators are allowed to get anywhere near him when he is speaking. Security is very heavy. The venues are highly controlled, generally they are held on private property so public property access cannot be claimed. He has ordered "First Amendment Zones" near his appearances. These are pretty much fenced in cages where people are kept a long distance away from his speech locations. He would never just "pop in" to a place like Bass Pro. The risk of being confronted by gun owners is way too high for him. You can bet the store was in on this and the area was cleared for him to do his PR stuff. You (lucky) guys not from New York State have no idea what this person is really like. He is an absolute gun HATER. Bass Pro slapped every gun owner in the State of New York--- and the USA---- right in the face by cooperating with this man. They are a disgrace to the firearm sales industry. They had an opportunity to embarrass him and call him out for what he did to New York and wants to do to your state,too. He had visions of the White House, but is now caught up in a major Federal corruption investigation that has pretty much ended any national office hopes he had. Bass Pro is not deserving of a pass in this matter. Sorry for the long post, the facts need to be known.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by AzAfshin
    Checked out his twitter page and you're right about the pictures at Bass Pro. The problem is, he was there just like anyone else can go there and put pictures up on twitter. It's not as if he was invited by Bass Pro, and they can't just kick him out for no reason either.

Of course they can. They can't say "you're Italian, leave now" but they certainly can say they don't want him in their store.
  • pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well I would think that the management reserves the right to allow anyone in their premises which means they can also disallow anyone they want to at their disgression, maybe this was his way to test that and see what would happen. BASS-PRO needs to know sportsman everywhere are not happy he was allowed on their property.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Where there Are Bass There are Bass turds
    I Don't Shop there

basspro1_zps6xqbbowa.png
    Androol Thumbing his Rod
    basspro2_zpskz3ofha4.png
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    News Flash to liberals everywhere: If you want to get internet idiots to put gun stores out of business for you, just walk into one uninvited and have your picture taken. The idiots will boycott the store, thus victimizing it twice.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • captnobodycaptnobody Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    News Flash to liberals everywhere: If you want to get internet idiots to put gun stores out of business for you, just walk into one uninvited and have your picture taken. The idiots will boycott the store, thus victimizing it twice.

+1
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I say boycott them nationwide, not just New York, that will get their attention.....fast. [:(!]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    I say boycott them nationwide, not just New York, that will get their attention.....fast. [:(!]
    I say leave them alone....Quamo is one of the last to were "Cuff Links" in a sporting good store....you know he is a fraud!
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese

I already boycott them, Gander Mountain and any other big box store. I have three local gun/reloading/outdoor stores that I do business with.

[:D]
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1

It's New York.. They will just bend over and take it..

They are so use to screwing themselves that most do not need Vaseline.
    edited November -1
    One of the statewide firearms rights groups here just won a major court decision against Cuomo. He refused to release information on how many so-called "assault weapons" were registered as required by his new law. He feared a lot of embarrassment if the number was released and he fought it very, very hard. The conservative estimate of the number of these guns is one million plus. The official number released by the State: Only 45,000 were registered by the 1 year deadline, and a large percentage of those were from law enforcement agencies. I would hardly call that "taking it".
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    The visit was for a good thing!
    Do research before condemning!

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-bassmaster-elite-series-return-new-york-2016

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/elites-series-return-new-york-2014#

I was really against boycotting Bass Pro just because Cuomo dropped in until I saw this. Now if we threaten to boycott Bass Pro unless they drop the sponsorship or move it to a different state, maybe Cuomo will realize what can happen when he messes with us.

If we could get enough events such as this taken away from NY, then maybe he'd get a clue that there is a country beyond his domain and that his policies are not as popular as he thinks.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LesWVa

Another completely ignorant statement about NY.

What is WV famous for? Coal and marrying 1st cousins?

Just sayin'.........
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59

Just sayin'.........

I can LEGALLY open carry a firearm down 99% of the streets in WV without any type of license...

Can you do that in New York?
    edited November -1

Just sayin'.........

I can LEGALLY open carry a firearm down 99% of the streets in WV without any type of license...

Can you do that in New York?

No....but that does not mean we are "bent over and taking it".

Perhaps you should think before you speak ill of fellow gun owners.

Look at the NYers on this board....does it sound like we are the sort of people that just give up and wring our hands? You must be thinking of the sheep in the cities.

You stance is just what gun grabbers want. Divide and conquer, right. Thanks for your support and words of encouragement.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think some of you have it bass ackwards.

Cuomo is trying to promote bass fishing tournaments in the state. He went to Bass Pro (which also promotes bass tournaments) to further that cause.

How in the world some of you can translate that into "Bass Pro Endorses Cuomo's Anti-Gun Stance" is beyond me. And then you want to boycott the entire chain of stores because YOU failed reading comprehension?

Rant mode off.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would not surprise me if he sponsored a bill to outlaw fish hooks and lures, inhumane treatment of the poor suffering fish. He's not a friend of sportsman, he's just riding the Trojan Horse getting ready for higher office or a high paying/profile government position [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Well, then, how about boycotting Cuomo?
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster

Now you are talking!

Hey Guntech there aint nothing wrong with marring your 1st cousin.....................Jerry Lee Lewis did it[:0]
    RLTW

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06

Now you are talking!

Hey Guntech there aint nothing wrong with marring your 1st cousin....................Jerry Lee Lewis did it[:0]

....and that old SOB is still kicking! [:D]
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06

Now you are talking!

Hey Guntech there aint nothing wrong with marring your 1st cousin....................Jerry Lee Lewis did it[:0]

....and that old SOB is still kicking! [:D]

Yea but he is on his 7th wife now. I think his cousin was his third wife. Not only was she a cousin but she was 13 too. He had just divorced his other wife who he married when she was 14.

I guess he liked them young,

Here she is:
    article-0-1263EE05000005DC-237_468x588.jpg

Andrew Cuomo likes them a little older. He has a shack job that is a TV Cook.
    RLTW

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    I think some of you have it bass ackwards.

Cuomo is trying to promote bass fishing tournaments in the state. He went to Bass Pro (which also promotes bass tournaments) to further that cause.

How in the world some of you can translate that into "Bass Pro Endorses Cuomo's Anti-Gun Stance" is beyond me. And then you want to boycott the entire chain of stores because YOU failed reading comprehension? Rant mode off.
    edited November -1
    Andrew Cuomo did not just "POP IN" at Bass Pro.He is hated and despised by most people in Upstate and Western NY. King Cuomo is promoting King Cuomo. He knows he is not welcome in any public place in Upstate or Western NY. The cliff dwellers in NYC have a strangle hold on this entire state. He claims he is trying to bring much needed revenue into Upstate while he and his cronies in Albany are sucking the blood out of all these folks.If you really want to get some insight into the real Cuomo go to www.scopeny.org and read the white paper on "THE ROAD TO THE SAFE ACT". I sent E-mail of displeasure to Bass Pro and their response was "Your comments are appreciated and have been noted for review" Sorry Bass Pro, I don't buy your photo op.Bass Pro Corporate knows they are dealing with a Tyrant and they chose not to tell him that he was not welcome.I wonder what their response will be when he ends up in prison?
    edited November -1

No Class! Busted my * to defeat Cuomo. Native Son of Virginia.
    edited November -1
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NY_SAFE_Act

Anyone interested can take a look at the above link and read about this law. This is the watered down version that was passed. Initially, weapons confiscation was proposed, and they could have passed it. They backed off as they knew violence would take place. Anyone who is not in this state to deal with what was finally passed and observe the behavior of Cuomo has the lack of comprehension. We know all to well what we are up against, and cutting him and Bass Pro slack for promoting fishing is not an option here. This stuff will spread like a cancer if people like Cuomo are not challenged. It could come to your state too, and there is a guy in the White House who would love to implement this nationwide. New York gun owners have a documented 4% compliance rate with the registration requirements. The treasuries of our gun rights organizations are cleaned out from fighting them since 2013. New York city controls everything here, even tho the vast majority of the state is very rural. The bottom line is that companies like Bass Pro supporting him is an absolute disgrace and it has completely disgusted the people here in light of what he has single handedly done to the gun owners in the state.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 4205raymond

No Class! Busted my * to defeat Cuomo. Native Son of Virginia.

Thank you!

I'm here for another 7-8 years...I'll fight the good fight while I'm here.

Ironically, I am looking for a place in south-western Virginia.