In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New York SAFE Act of 2013 is Ruled Legal!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in Politics
Another straw in The Camel's Back! It's coming believe it or not!

serf

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/10/court_decision_paves_the_way_for_australianstyle_gun_ban.html

If the SAFE Act is upheld by the Supreme Court, nothing prevents Congress from summarily outlawing tens of millions of firearms overnight. Once those firearms become contraband, the government may confiscate and destroy them without compensating the owner (just as the government confiscates and destroys illegal drugs.

Beyond that, the SAFE Act banned all private transfers of firearms, except among spouses, parents, and children; it created an ammunition purchase background check and ammunition purchase registry; it banned the private sale of ammunition except from a licensed dealer; and it created a secret reporting requirement under which "mental health professionals" must report anyone suspected of being a "danger" to the State Police for mandatory gun confiscation

Comments

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will have to agree with Serf on this one.Tom King president of NYSRPA was concerned that demonstrations in Albany were turning ugly.We were preaching to the choir.The politicians ate it up."Be patient,this matter is better handled in the courts".My own state senator,Bill Larkin says the same thing,as does the NRA.Instead of standing tall and telling King Cuomo to shove the Safe Act,our legislators in Albany betrayed us in the dark of the night.We have no friends in Albany.We were patient and waited for the courts.Wow,now we can legally carry 10 rounds instead of seven in a ten round clip.And who do you think appointed these judges to the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals? Try Clinton and Obummer.Albany says they don't have know how or money to start up Ammo background check yet and they have a MOU(memorandium of understanding)on Database.Have never broken law. Why must I be treated like a criminal because I am buying a box of 22's for my 10 year old grandson? They even brag about the MOU.What a bunch of fools we have for legislators.If our legislators had stood tall in the face of that Tyrant in Albany we would not be shelling out all this money for lawyers.What a bunch of cowards.And so we march on toward the US Supreme Court.Do you really think we will get Justice from the court that approves same sex marriage and sticks their nose into our health care.Me thinks not! I have a friend in '50 USMA wounded in back of head, Inchon Reservoir.He was not retreating but attacking in different direction.My house in Va.almost finished.If you stay in New York State,Civil disobedience may be your only option.
    Ray (Endowment Member NRA,NYSRPA)
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it's time to start building a fence at the Mississippi River so we can control the exodus from the East.
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    I think it's time to start building a fence at the Mississippi River so we can control the exodus from the East.

Give me a few years to get my house built over in Missouri. Then I'll help string the wire.
  • Options
    vrabinecvrabinec Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We moved from Maryland to Oklahoma, partly to get away from this crap. But if the Supremes allow it, it doesn't matter what state you're in.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tech141
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck

Give me a few years to get my house built over in Missouri. Then I'll help string the wire.
    The new governor in Virginia is a New York Immigrant.He is tighter than the bark on a oak tree with the Clintons.If things don't work out in Virginia I will help string the barbwire at the Mississippi.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All for one and one for all (if you are an American). If you think different, then pack your bags and go home to Russia or France !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "WHEN INJUSTICE BECOMES LAW, RESISTANCE BECOMES DUTY"- THOMAS JEFFERSON-Yes,I am a Native Son of Virginia.