In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

body armor and "armor piercing bullets"

MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in Politics
Does it seem odd that about the same time, the government has decided that law abiding citizens don't "need" either body armor or bullets that might defeat government issue body armor?

Comments

• Cling2mygunsCling2myguns Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been talking about this very thing. Is the timing just coincidental?

If they can't ban guns the next best thing is to make them less effective and remove means for civilians to protect themselves against gov't weapons.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cling2myguns
    I have been talking about this very thing. Is the timing just coincidental?

If they can't ban guns the next best thing is to make them less effective and remove means for civilians to protect themselves against gov't weapons.

The way they can track and observe your every move is much more important and we the people gave that up a long time ago so be a patriot and vote for the next clown they nominate to be president!

After all they interpret the rule of law and if it needs to be reinterpret by The Supreme Court to make their version the new rule of law so be it you anin't going change nothing to stop it!

serf

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Won't-Get-Fooled-Again-lyrics-The-Who/761EF79AAB42FA9C48256977002E72F9

Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
    Take a bow for the new revolution
    Smile and grin at the change all around me
    Pick up my guitar and play
    Just like yesterday
    And I'll get on my knees and pray
    We don't get fooled again
    Don't get fooled again
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO coincidence. The Federal Alphabet Soup agencies clearly already had some conflict in it's plans and now we are seeing some lose ends being taken care of to give them the edge.

The Body armor ban is absurd, it basically says that if a state or FEDERAL agent shoots you for whatever reason, right or wrong that you have an obligation to die.

This aint America....
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It will become a problem when they outlaw head shots.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    It's already a problem. They are sorting out the odds in their favor.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz

Admiral Yamamoto: "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." Advising Japan's military leaders of the futility of an invasion of the mainland United States because of the widespread availability of guns. It has been theorized that this was a major contributing factor in Japan's decision not to land on North America early in the war when they had vastly superior military strength.

This is even more valid today; more armed PEACEFUL Americans, many armed ex-military and a butt load of motivation to defend you and yours from Government excesses.

Better pray it NEVER, EVER comes to that.
  • llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is just a beginning shot in the ammo wars. ANY center fire rifle will penetrate any body armor out there.
    G. Gorden Libby said just shoot them in the head or groin.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz

Admiral Yamamoto: "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." Advising Japan's military leaders of the futility of an invasion of the mainland United States because of the widespread availability of guns. It has been theorized that this was a major contributing factor in Japan's decision not to land on North America early in the war when they had vastly superior military strength.

This is even more valid today; more armed PEACEFUL Americans, many armed ex-military and a butt load of motivation to defend you and yours from Government excesses.

Better pray it NEVER, EVER comes to that.

Better do more then pray since the feds are driving the poop right in that direction.