In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

When will Rubio drop out?

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
edited March 2016 in Politics
I mean seriously. The guy hasn't won a state yet, and is not projected to win in any state coming up. In his own state of Florida he's polling 3rd. It's not a winnable endeavor for him, so far as I can tell.
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not his time, wet behind ears..Try next time?
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even if he does he will not endorse Cruz because it would PO his GOP masters.

I cannot understand why more conservative GOP politicians have not gotten behind Cruz.
    RLTW

• ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right after Cruz drops out! LOL

You are a case.

Your guy has been third to Rubio in three states, why doesn't he drop out I mean really!

Cruz can't win even his own party hates him.
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think Rubio has a chance of beating Cruz.

Not very likely either will beat TRUMP.. but who knows, tomorrow is another day.
    edited November -1
    Rubio has already beaten Cruz that is why Perfect wants him out. Rubio has every major GOP endorsement. Cruz stepped on his junk when he alienated his party.

Trump is the man guys sorry to tell you but at least you can bet Trunmp will also Trounce Hillary
    edited November -1
    Listening to Rush Dimbulb even Rush said he will confront Cruz to drop out, Wacko right wingers are not the majority of this country.

I support the 2nd but not the wacko right.

Like Hannity an Rush their support for Cruz makes it a no go for 70% of America 50% being the Dems and the other 30% of Republicans
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Scottymac
    Rubio has already beaten Cruz that is why Perfect wants him out. Rubio has every major GOP endorsement. Cruz stepped on his junk when he alienated his party.

Trump is the man guys sorry to tell you but at least you can bet Trunmp will also Trounce Hillary

Trump is not conservative. Trump does not give a whit about the Constitution.

If Trump is all the hope we have, then we are in deeper poop than I thought.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Cruz won Iowa and is projected to win several states on Super Tuesday, and his own state of Texas in particular. I fail to see how he is out of the running.

Rubio, OTOH, as I noted is not projected to even carry his own state of Florida.

If one can't see how this is different, then well, perhaps thinking isn't their strong point.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If Cruz doesn't get his act together and win Texas by a lot he may be next to drop.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59

Trump is not conservative. Trump does not give a whit about the Constitution.

If Trump is all the hope we have, then we are in deeper poop than I thought.

Of all the GOP candidates, Trump polls the worst when head to head with Clinton or Sanders. He may be the leader but there is serious doubt about his ability to win, should he get the nomination.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    Maybe thinking isn't my strong point because I don't "think" with you will you be stupid if you are wrong or just the rest of America is and only you and the other Cruz supporters are sane?

Cruz is hated by his OWN party! Get with it

quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Cruz won Iwoa and is projected to win several states on Super Tuesday, and his own state of Texas in particular. I fail to see how he is out of the running.

Rubio, OTOH, as I noted is not projected to even carry his own state of Florida.

If one can't see how this is different, then well, perhaps thinking isn't their strong point.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No one will beat Bernie!....he will be your new POTUS![:o)]
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Listening to Rush Dimbulb even Rush said he will confront Cruz to drop out, Wacko right wingers are not the majority of this country.

Like Hannity an Rush their support for Cruz makes it a no go for 70% of America 50% being the Dems and the other 30% of Republicans

You sure as hell sound like you voted for BaRat twice !! you're not alone here plenty more like you so relax.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cruz won Iwoa

I don't remember the Iwoa primary but I do believe Cruz won Iowa [:D][:D]
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
    edited November -1
    Forgetting who you like or don't Cruz is the least electable candidate

His nomination will bring every Qay, liberal, Trany, welfare recipient, illegal lover, negro and anti-gunner to the polls and that means a sure Democratic victory.
    I would be fine with Cruz as president i just have enough sense to know there is no way in hell he will be elected in the general

Get a dose of reality far from Perfect Mr [:D][:D]
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    Otto von Bismarck
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann

His nomination will bring every Qay, liberal, Trany, welfare recipient, illegal lover, negro and anti-gunner to the polls and that means a sure Democratic victory.
    I would be fine with Cruz as president i just have enough sense to know there is no way in hell he will be elected in the general

Dose of reality? How about this: of the presently running GOP candidates, Cruz polls the BEST against Clinton and Sanders. How is THAT for a dose of reality? I mean, why not support the guy with not only the best chance of winning the general election, but the one with the best record on the constitution and guns in particular?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    I think he'll drop out after Florida if the pols are even close, he will take enough votes from Cruz giving FL to Trump.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
    edited November -1
    What poll are we talking about?
    I have never heard of any poll that remotely suggests Cruz has any chance in the general.

Perhaps you took a poll at a Cruz rally?

Seriously that is as credible as saying a poll shows Jeb would win the general in a landslide.

And, I am fine with Cruz so I am not trying to promote anything here but, well, maybe reality
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    Otto von Bismarck
    edited November -1
    Talking about local south Florida radio pols on Florida caucus not general.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When it comes to Primary's I vote for the candidate I have the most in common with and that is Cruz.

I could care less about who is going to win or who is the most electable, in the primary's its the guy or gal who has policies that most align with mine, again that is Ted Cruz.

I am a registered Republican and a conservative.

Once the primary's are over and the winner is announced I will vote for my parties pick. That is what I have done since I started voting in 1978.

I strayed in 1992 and voted for Ross Perot, thus electing Bill Clinton.

I may do it again if Trump wins[V] I have not decided 100% yet but I have not heard anything out of Trump on Policy. If he wins he will have to come out with his plans and policy.
    RLTW

edited November -1
    I have never heard of any poll that remotely suggests Cruz has any chance in the general.

Seriously that is as credible as saying a poll shows Jeb would win the general in a landslide.

And, I am fine with Cruz so I am not trying to promote anything here but, well, maybe reality
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_cruz_vs_clinton-4034.html
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_cruz_vs_clinton-4034.html
    From that pole Rubio is the best chance to beat Clinton the way I see it. Rubio +4.7 over Clinton to Cruz +.8 over Clinton. Also to vote there you have to give your email so I wonder how accurate that is.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

If you look at Real Clear Politics, Kasich polls best against Clinton, followed by Rubio, and Cruz, all of whom beat her. Trump is the only one of the four that loses to her.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe thinking isn't my strong point.

Agreed

It is music to my ear to hear the Elite of the (R) party hate Ted Cruz, sweet beautiful music. He will not deal with their slime ways, that is a great thing in my book.

In another thread you claim Cruz lies. I asked for some examples to support your claim that Cruz lies. Can you point me to that thread or explain where he has lied?
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Yeah, and then you vote for politicians that do NOT support the 2nd. That's a lotta help...

BTW, last I saw 43% of voters are Independents, 30% are Demorats, and 26% register as Republicans. Uninformed or dishonest. Always so hard to tell....
    edited November -1
    Easy he added an amendment to a bill allowing the legalization of immigrants and then lied about it TADA next

quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Maybe thinking isn't my strong point.

Agreed

It is music to my ear to hear the Elite of the (R) party hate Ted Cruz, sweet beautiful music. He will not deal with their slime ways, that is a great thing in my book.

In another thread you claim Cruz lies. I asked for some examples to support your claim that Cruz lies. Can you point me to that thread or explain where he has lied?
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My guess is Rubio will be out after March 15 when he fails to win Florida. He is not predicted to win any states, and Cruz is predicted to win 3 or 4 on Super Tuesday. Cruz needs those victories.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not soon enough for me and he can take his amnesty with him
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Easy he added an amendment to a bill allowing the legalization of immigrants and then lied about it TADA next

OK I will be patient with you, congressional rules are difficult to understand. You are in error and to understand the tactic of a poison pill you need to understand the gang of 8, (of which Rubio was one dancing with the devil), is designed to kill the bill.

I am taking an excerpt from an article explaining what Cruz did, and why. It was FAR from what Rubio says and Rubio knows it.

EXCERPT:::::::::::::
    In painting Cruz as a supporter of legal status for undocumented immigrants, "the Rubio campaign is spinning," said Mark Krikorian, an immigration activist who was working to scuttle the 2013 bill. "My sense is Cruz's amendment was clearly intended as a poison pill for the Democrats. It was a legislative tactic... You often introduce measures you hope will be poison pills if you're trying to kill a piece of legislation. Now, it didn't work in the end but it was a perfectly plausible attempt. I might've voted for it myself it I was in the Senate, to try and kill the bill."

Stephen Miller, a spokesman for Sessions, noted in an e-mail that "numerous conservatives offered amendments to the progressive Gang of Eight bill that were designed to improve enforcement or combat amnesty." He continued, "That does not mean these Senators supported the bill with those changes. That would be an extremely untenable interpretation."

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-11-13/did-ted-cruz-actually-support-legal-status-for-undocumented-immigrants-
    edited November -1
    Listening to Rush Dimbulb even Rush said he will confront Cruz to drop out

"Rush said on his program today that Ted Cruz has fought the Washington Establishment every day he's been in the Senate while just a couple of years ago Donald Trump was donating to them."
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    Must be hard to be wrong all the time eh?

Go soak your neck LOL

Cruz is a liar and you are buying into his weak excuse

OK I will be patient with you, congressional rules are difficult to understand. You are in error and to understand the tactic of a poison pill you need to understand the gang of 8, (of which Rubio was one dancing with the devil), is designed to kill the bill.

I am taking an excerpt from an article explaining what Cruz did, and why. It was FAR from what Rubio says and Rubio knows it.

In painting Cruz as a supporter of legal status for undocumented immigrants, "the Rubio campaign is spinning," said Mark Krikorian, an immigration activist who was working to scuttle the 2013 bill. "My sense is Cruz's amendment was clearly intended as a poison pill for the Democrats. It was a legislative tactic... You often introduce measures you hope will be poison pills if you're trying to kill a piece of legislation. Now, it didn't work in the end but it was a perfectly plausible attempt. I might've voted for it myself it I was in the Senate, to try and kill the bill."

Stephen Miller, a spokesman for Sessions, noted in an e-mail that "numerous conservatives offered amendments to the progressive Gang of Eight bill that were designed to improve enforcement or combat amnesty." He continued, "That does not mean these Senators supported the bill with those changes. That would be an extremely untenable interpretation."

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-11-13/did-ted-cruz-actually-support-legal-status-for-undocumented-immigrants-
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cruz won Iwoa...

Ha ha [:D] he won in a state that can't even count votes so they flip a coin to see who won. That's really something to brag about. [:D][:D][:D]
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cruz or Rubio, who's going to stay in the longest w/o a chance of winning just like Gingrich did 4 years ago??
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't feed the Troll, folks. It will get bored and go back to DU soon enough.

Go soak your neck LOL

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1

I support the 2nd

That's highly doubtful.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump is seeing the same thing I am....the demise of our nation,and he wants to keep his wealth by doing something about it...The reason I am supporting him is because he is me!....
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With as much as the establishment republicans and big-money wants to bring Trump down, Rubio, Cruz, and Kasich might be in it until the convention.
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    Cruz is the only candidate running that has actually defended the second amendment. Supposedly gun rights matter to folks on this forum.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cruz is the only candidate running that has actually defended the second amendment. Supposedly gun rights matter to folks on this forum.

+1
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Go soak your neck LOL

It was obvious that Cruz introduced a poison pill with his road to legalization vs. road to citizenship amendment.

What was disappointing about Cruz is that he did no own up to immediately. Most folks are smart enough to understand the tactic, and most GOP voters would support the tactic from a Senator in the minority party. Cruz, in initially denying that this was his tactic, told the GOP voter that he did not believe they were smart enough to understand this very simple action.

Apparently, given the support we see for Trump, he was correct.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele